• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

shiney new UDS w/ bonus pron

Irrad8

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
100_1873 (Small).JPG

100_1874 (Small).JPG

100_1875 (Small).JPG

100_1876 (Small).JPG

100_1879 (Small).JPG

100_1880 (Small).JPG

100_1882 (Small).JPG

100_1877 (Small).JPG

100_1878 (Small).JPG

I finally got around to putting together my UDS. I picked a nice sunny day for a test run to evaluate my temp control. It was very windy but I was still suprised that my temps were all over the farking place. I had a flat seal in the bottom (inverted barrel mod) but after that I added a larger seal. I will try another run at it after I dig it out of the snow. I was going to today but the wifes car was puking transmission fluid all over my garage floor so I spent the day trying to get that fixed (parts on order now). I did find the time to swing by Spicewine and grab a thermometer and some rub.

I threw in the pron of some ribeyes I grilled awhile back. I bought that wine because I liked the name.

I'll bet that two or three more cooks and you'll have that temp thing down no problem... Looks great, kind of an SDS I think, S=shiny

Your not in Kansas Anymore. Good job.
3311140.jpg

Looks nice! So you have the drum lid on the bottom for easy cleanout or a base for the wheels?

That is a great looking drum. Lots of shiney new parts....just waiting to get dirty, my favorite:cool:

Swamprb- I put the lid on the bottom mainly for easier cleanout, but I also put four 3 inch wheels on it 2 that lock and 2 that don,t.

When I bought the paint it had a light grey top, I didn't realize it was so shiney and bright until I started to spray. I have to wear sunglasses to look at the darned thing.:biggrin:

Back