Turkey Legs for Teachers

soundguytx

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hey gentlemen, and ladies. I am cooking 250 turkey legs for a group of teachers on Monday. I know I'm cooking to 170 degrees. And I have a good recipe.

What I'm needing help with is what temp should I get my pit to, and how long should it take to cook the that amount of legs. BTW I have a Shirley Fab 24x65 with 3 shelves. Holds heat and drafts like a dream. Thanks brothers!!!

I'm taking a guess here and not a confirmed cook time but I'd say 275* for 2.5-3 hours. Maybe even less depending on the size of them.

A suggestion. We have a Pumpkin Patch setup near me that tells me he can buy precooked turkey legs for about 90% of the cost of raw legs. Then all he has to do is season and reheat. I've eaten a couple and they are pretty good. Considering time and economics might be something to look into. Sells them for $7 each and there is always a line.

At 275 deg, it took 4-6 hours, last time I was involved in such a cook.

I'm taking a guess here and not a confirmed cook time but I'd say 275* for 2.5-3 hours. Maybe even less depending on the size of them.

^^^This^^^

Size matters. I've cooked them for my kid's school fair several times. One year, the legs were ~14-16 oz. The next year, they were ~28-32oz.

Back