***VOTE- BBQ Brethren "Bacon" Throwdown -VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Bacon" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmokeJumper

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Bacon"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 9/11.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]N8man[/size]
Pig_Newton9.jpg

[size=+2]Jonny Rotisserie[/size]
IMG_0599-1.JPG

[size=+2]Southern Home Boy[/size]
RattleSnakeTailDinner.jpg

[size=+2]Sleepy Smoker[/size]
baconwaffles5.jpg

[size=+2]BigButzBBQ[/size]
046.jpg

[size=+2]BBQ Grail[/size]
BALT1.jpg

[size=+2]FattyMac[/size]
IMGP3816.JPG

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
DSC_0557_928.jpg

[size=+2]MadCityJim[/size]
attachment.php

[size=+2]KnucklHed BBQ[/size]
IMG_1395Medium.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
attachment.php

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
IMG_0612-1.jpg

[size=+2]BlkJeep[/size]
DSC03261.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
IMG_0576-1.jpg

Outstanding entries all around! Great eats for all last week.
I weighed creativity and artistic merit heavily here and it came down to BigButzBBQ and Gore but the eggplant, tofu bacon, and artistic brilliance of Gore won me over in the end.

I agree Gore's entry was brilliant, and it also came down to Him and Tom, but I've got to have one of those scotch egg cones!

It was tough between the scotch egg cone and gore's entry. Gore's went above and beyond and definately had ALOT of bacon. Great entries by all

Dear BBQ Brethren Polling Officials,

I wish to declare that I, The BBQ Grail, failed to properly exercise my voting rights by voting for myself instead of my intended voter receiver, BigButzBBQ.

Let it be known, far and wide, that I should have voted for BigButzBBQ...

Dear BBQ Brethren Polling Officials,

I wish to declare that I, The BBQ Grail, failed to properly exercise my voting rights by voting for myself instead of my intended voter receiver, BigButzBBQ.

Let it be known, far and wide, that I should have voted for BigButzBBQ...

Note to self: Never go hunting with Larry.

Each and every entry is a winner, but I had
to give my vote to Gore, that's OutStandingly Inspired Artistry.....

Excellent entries..had to go with the Grail for it's pure eating pleasure..looks like anyhoo..:clap2:

Absolutely AWESOME entries this week y'all. I am SO outclassed....:tsk: Anyway, I actually had to go back and read the rules on this one.

Gore's "Scream" was absolutely amazing, no question about it. BUT, the rules state over and over that the entry must be a "dish". I had to interpret that as something was primarily made to be eaten. I don't think I could have brought myself to eat Gore's "Scream". It's just too cool.

SO....

I had to go with Big Butz's "Bacone". Almost as creative and definitely more edible.

Truly brilliant entries and mighty tasty looking to boot! I'm going to have to think on this one (that's some of the smoke coming from Richmond this week...).

This is a tough one. I want to vote for three different entries, each for a different reason. I'll have to hold off on casting my vote until later in the week.

Amazing artistry by Gore, and tasty entries one and all. However, I also was swayed by my desire to eat the picture, not sit and enjoy the artistry, so I too voted for that bacony thing from BigButzBBQ.

Wow.. rough week for voting!

-Started with N8man's Piggy Newtons (actually dreamed I was eating them
-Then was moved by about 5 others that took the taste buds in all different directions.
-Enjoyed the Elvis thread
-Mad City Jim's looked great
-Then there is GORE's artwork!

In the end.. it was the combination of "creative baconry" combined with the nostalgic thought of icecream.
BigButzBBQ's extraordinary waffle cone with the scotch egg surprises!!!

The entries that I see myself trying to make one day are:
FATTY MACS - Fat Elvis Turds
N8MANS Pig Newtons

If ELVIS was alive and out there... I would have to think that FATTY MAC's cook would of brought him out of the woodwork.
As it is though, they might just bring his ghost around too!

To me, all the entries were great, period. The dishes in each were incredible...bacon! I would love to eat every one of them, at one sitting BTW. However, Gore's entry blew me away for several reasons. One, it was bacon; bacon here people. Second, although it was an obscure interpretation of a classic painting done in, what was the theme again(?), oh yeah, BACON , it evoked the same emotions from the original. Third, it was edible. My vote goes to Gore.

Anyway, I actually had to go back and read the rules on this one.

Gore's "Scream" was absolutely amazing, no question about it. BUT, the rules state over and over that the entry must be a "dish". I had to interpret that as something was primarily made to be eaten. I don't think I could have brought myself to eat Gore's "Scream". It's just too cool.

You read the rules?? I didn't think anyone did that.:becky:

I'm sorry ecode. No zero for you in this one. You have inspired me to enter another throwdown.

Those pie irons are really neat, have to look for some of those.

Back