line x in a trailer

U

ulikabbq

has anyone ever had line x or rhino lining sprayed in the floor of a trailer? good idea or bad idea? too expensive?

I wondered if it would work. I was thinking of the roll on and doing it myself. Might be more durable than linoleum. Also thought of a good oil based paint.

has anyone ever had line x or rhino lining sprayed in the floor of a trailer? good idea or bad idea? too expensive?

Talk to Rodney... He did that to the back of his trailer...

I wondered if it would work. I was thinking of the roll on and doing it myself. Might be more durable than linoleum. Also thought of a good oil based paint.

I'm considering it on the ramp of our trailer. I put down 2 nice coats of oil based Glidden exterior wood deck paint on the inside of the trailer and I about slipped on my arse when I got in it the other day with snow on my shoes. I'm thinking that paint on the ramp while trying to push my Competitor up it is a bad idea.

But if I can find those grip strip adhesive things that are on edges of steps and in manufacturing plants, I might just paint and lay them every 6-8" up the center of the ramp.

I've got Rhino lining on my Geer pit. A little bit on the expensive side, but I like it.

Linex is a great product. I used to sell both Rhino and Linex with Trucks and commercial equipment.

Linex has a more uniform pattern and lasts a bit longer then Rhino. Rhino, in their warranty, requires reapplication.

I advise you have them remove any bolts or large fasteners, spray it on, then reattach on truck beds like Fords though. I don't know if you have such bolts on your trailer. If there is anything that you might want to remove or fix later, pull it off, spray and reattach. This way if you have to later you don;t rip up the linex

But if I can find those grip strip adhesive things that are on edges of steps and in manufacturing plants, I might just paint and lay them every 6-8" up the center of the ramp.

Go to a skate shop(skateboard). They sell grip tape in all colors and in rolls. Like here at Amazon.

I love Linex on my truck. If you are doing food prep in the trailer, clean up will be very difficult. Very rough surface that will hold all kinds of dirt, rub, grease and anything that gets on it. If you are using it for catering, the health dept would probably shoot you down in a heartbeat for that very reason. Something to think about. If you have it on your truck, try cleaning it.

trailer i would go with and orange peel epoxy with a non slip additive, such as silica sand. makes it look good easy to clean

I have it on the back of my trailer. I wouldn't do it inside. It will get slick when wet. You can add an aggregate, but that will be tough to mop. Check out the square commercial tiles at Home Depot (VCT). The black with white spec are great for not showing dirt and grim. If you gouge one, just replace that tile. Many times more durable than linoleum.

I priced out the VCT to do my trailer. Including adhesive it would have been about $150-175. Which is probably about the same or cheaper then Line-X. I have a feeling we'll have a VCT party this fall.

I have the Line-X in the bed of my truck and it is the best spray on liner for that application IMO. The normal application is a rough texture, but they can spray it on smooth. As Plowboy mentioned it will be slick when wet. This is probably the only time I would recommend the Rhino product. The Line-X sets up very hard, like a plastic shell while the Rhino is more rubbery. The Rhino might be a better choice for a trailer floor.

i use 25/gallon ACE garage floor paint with a bag of (paint)sand in it on the ramp to my trailer. its non skid even greasy or wet.

I give it a fresh coat every season. Works great.

Phil, english this time please. Sounds like that's what I want.

orange peel is just the texture that the epoxy is applied, looks like the skin of an orange. you can silica or glass bead for traction and it is not hard to clean. there is also a shredded rubber that can be permently applied that is non skid allows water to drain, and would also provide cushion if you needed to stand for any amount of time in there.

I would use Rhino, its self extinguishing (sp) it is also non slip, line x seems to be harder and more slipery more like a hard plastic. keep in mind if the floor of the trailer is pressure treated dont let anyone spray it, the chemicals will seperate the liner from the wood unless its been around a while and the stuff has disapated.

I like the Rhino for traction when wet as others have mentioned, but grease may be a problem for you. A friend of mine has the ramp on his horse trailer sprayed with the Rhino and he got some oil on it, that WOULD NOT go away. He steamed it, pressure washed it, scrubbed it, tried every cleaner and solvent he could think of and it kept coming back and leaving a slick spot. Not a good deal when you are walking somebody elses 7 figure horse down the ramp. He had to have it stripped and reapplied. I'm not sure what a grease spill would do, but wouldn't be surprised if it was similar.

Back