African Chook, honey butter glaze-pr0n

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Using the blender, made a marinade using citrus, chilies, garlic,bay, thyme, ginger, shallots, coriander and EVOO.
Marinated spatchcock chook for two days.
Cooked at 330f indirect
While that took place I heated honey and butter with garlic and lemon juice.
Brushed the chicken twice nearing the end of the cook.

I made a Mexican inspired salad and warmed tortilla's.

The chicken was so tender and juicy.
Spicy and a kick of piquant and sweet, what a sensational way to eat chicken.
I am HOOKED!
The taco was unbelievable but next time I'm going to eat it with sweet potato fries I think, so I get the chook taste undiluted.

:yo:

Looks great Buccs. What is an African Chook? As opposed to other chooks.

It's the flavor marinade profile and the type of chili used that is African Bob.
It's so popular there is a fast food chain selling it all over the world now, good product too!

I used a free range chook, wonderful product BTW, from the southwest farmland area here.
Beautiful, stunning countryside.

What kind of African chili's there Buccs? Inquiring minds want to know. Looks delicious!

It's a saga Chicago!
I strip my watch and don my worst gardening clothes, leave my wallet and watch and just take a little roll of cash.
Then drive from here into the suburbs, into the dark outer gutter English suburbs here.
I drive around the block a couple of times, looking for cop cars or people who look like they are doing under cover work.
Then, I park opposite a "Tools" PawnbrokerYes, that's how tough this area is. No heirlooms or jewelry, just stolen tools and gardening machines, and they even have sections for sanitized used disposable syringes!

I never come here because if I want to hard line marijuana I'll buy a new disposable syringe!
I can't believe I just typed that!

I sit. I wait.
I feel eyes upon me.
Suddenly a furtive shadow appears behind a tree.
He hisses, pssssst, Rafiki!
Rafiki is Swahili for friend.
I unlock the doors and lower the window.
My African contact darts out from the tree, freezes and scopes the street, reaches in an open palm hand and I slip him a $5.
He pulls his hand out fast as a lizard sprinting, checks the note, bites it, sniffs it, and reaches in and drops a little plastic ziplock Baggie with small dried chili peppers.
" what type of chilies are they, what are they called, Rafiki?" I ask.
"Mahn, you know de rools, no kwestchons, but thy is good monjah mahn. Go in peace." And he is gone.
I slip the car into gear and speed off before the zombies catch my scent.

That's all I can tell you.
I wanted a 20 Baggie but he likes me and doesn't want me to get hooked.
But I've got it.
I've got it bad.
Even my jocks are sweaty.

Buccs...

You MUST be on the Choof!:laugh:

Cheers!

Bill
Nah, I wish.
Just trying to give a few people a smile, be entertaining.
Over 100 farkers have read the thread since I posted that and not a comment or 'thanks'.
Remember the quality crowd we used to have?
:becky:
I drove them away...
:laugh:

It's for your own good. We want to help you to remain humble.

Back