• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Salting Steaks... part 2...

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So after last week's steak salting experiment, I tried it again...
This time it was with steaks I cut from a loin. I had steaks from this loin not too long ago.
This is after I salted it, let the salt sit for about an hour and 20 minutes... rinsed it off and dried it really well.
Really should trimmed it more.
IMG_0703.jpg

I fired up the gasser... yes, gasser... to as high as it would go...
This was about 3 minutes a side...
IMG_0708.jpg

First bite...
IMG_0709.jpg

So - pretty tasty!
I believe it was more tender then the last time I had a steak from this loin... so WIN!!

I also am trying a new crockpot chicken and dumplings recipe... yeah yeah, yeah.. no bbq - so sue me!

Parted out a chicken, tossed in the pot with some salt and pepper... and filled about 1/2 way with water - cooked on high about 2.5 - 3 hours.
Picked the chicken.. (I HATE picking chicken...)
IMG_0697.jpg

Back into the pot with 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, mushrooms, carrots, and a liberal dose of an herb mix I have...
Cooked for about another hour...
IMG_0698.jpg

Then the recipe calls for 2 cans of canned biscuits... torn and tossed into the pot. Here's what it looked like...

IMG_0707.jpg

The pool looked a little full, so I baked off the rest of the biscuits..
IMG_0705.jpg

It's my lunch tomorrow... hope it tastes as good as it smells!

Looks great

Steak is awesome.

Enjoy your lunch tomorrow.

In the South, we call that chicken and dumplins! I like your version of it! Looks awesome!!!

Dang good job on that steak!!!

With our weather that chicken and dumplings sure sounds like a tasty warm up lunch.

Then the recipe calls for 2 cans of canned biscuits... torn and tossed into the pot. Here's what it looked like...
How long do you cook after the biscuits are put in? OR is it ready to serve?
jon

Both meals look great!

I did a couple of choice ribeyes from Wally World for dinner last night that came out great!

I'm with Blue. The steak looks great, but that chicken pot looks pretty darn good, LM.

Final Results....

Just had some of this for lunch and can say this recipe is a keeper!

How long do you cook after the biscuits are put in? OR is it ready to serve? jon
The original recipe says to put the biscuits in during the last 1/2 hour of cooking.. mine went longer - probably 60 - 90 minutes.

Great job on the steak That chicken dish looks amazing Where did you get the recipe

I got it form one of the sites I follow on Facebook.. can't remember which one. When I find something I want to try I copy it into Evernote.
Here's the original... my mods are at the bottom...

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
<LI style="opacity: 1" data-mce-style="opacity: 1;">4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 Tbsp. Butter...
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) pkgs, refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is cooked through.

Changes...
Cooked a whole cut up chicken in crock pot with just salt pepper and water.
Picked the chicken
put it back in with the stock
added carrots, cream of chicken soup and mushrooms
added garlic and spice mix
cooked for another hour and added the biscuits

Back