Smoked Bologna

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
20130727-Bologna.jpg

I have seen this done a few times, Most recently by Malcom Reed of Killer Hogs BBQ on YouTube, and I finally decided to give it a try when I saw this 5lb hunk of bologna at the grocery store for about six bux. I took the wrapper off, scored it, rubbed it down, and tossed it on the smoker at 250° or so for 90 minutes. Then I mixed a little BBQ sauce with some apple juice to thin it out and basted it and let it cook for another 45 minutes or so... delicious!

Nice!!! Smoked Bolo is among my Favorites....

Sounds like something for me to try in the smoker...

I agree.....it is soo good and I do often. My friends love to come over when they hear I am doing one.

:idea:That reminds me, I bought a bolo loaf a couple weeks back, cut it in half, shrink wrapped it and then froze it. Forgot all about it.:oops: Looks like a job for sometime during this week. :grin:

20130727-Bologna.jpg

I have seen this done a few times, Most recently by Malcom Reed of Killer Hogs BBQ on YouTube, and I finally decided to give it a try when I saw this 5lb hunk of bologna at the grocery store for about six bux. I took the wrapper off, scored it, rubbed it down, and tossed it on the smoker at 250° or so for 90 minutes. Then I mixed a little BBQ sauce with some apple juice to thin it out and basted it and let it cook for another 45 minutes or so... delicious!

I smoke Bologna all the time. I love it. I do mine pretty much like you do. 5 lbs. of smoked Bologna doesn't go very far... Its great at breakfast and makes killer sandwiches.

My wife turned up her nose when I bought the first 'Chub', but one taste and she was hooked. Now she fry's my Smoked Bologna for breakfast. Got to admit it's pretty tasty too.

Last edited:
Did a chub at deer camp a couple years ago. The guys ate the heck out of it. I never got a bite.

Man that looks good!

I have not had bologna in years. Does it still come with a casing? If so do you remove it before scoring?

I have loved Lebanon bologna since I was a youngin'. That delicious smoky flavor. I've gotta' smoke a roll of bologna for myself though. The one you did looks awesome!

Back