EZ up Suggestions

nexpress

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Wife needs a birthday idea. So I am thinking of getting one. Any brethren have any words of wisdom on which one to buy.

The best quality canopy I have used is made by "Undercover". I have a 10x20 and I hope to get another in the spring.

Bought a cheap $100-$150 one once and it was destroyed after 1 year of use.
We have always used the name brand EZ-up since, and been very happy?
The EZ has been going for an easy 5 years with no signs of wear.

Bought a cheap $100-$150 one once and it was destroyed after 1 year of use.
We have always used the name brand EZ-up since, and been very happy?
The EZ has been going for an easy 5 years with no signs of wear.

I agree. If you use it much, the cheap ones just don't last. I would go with the EZ-Up. I see the cheap ones tear up all the time at the ball fields on the weekends. I have seen 5 year old EZ-Ups still in great shape.

I use the EZUp Express II I got from Academy & it's been flipped over from winds w/ no damage a couple of times or water building up on canopy whereas other brands I've had just collapsed instead. I did get a spare parts kit from EZUp online that has some of the parts needed for any wornout parts or those that may break. I've not used it yet in 5yrs.

I have two caravan professional canopies from Costco and they have withstood some crazy winds during contests. I would totally recommend them. They are around $180 each I think.

My bday was just last week and the wife got my a EZ UP Pyramid ii. I think it was about $150 with shipping. Used it over the weekend and it is truly EZ UP. She didn't get the sidewalls so I will have to order them later on but I love it so far.

Read the fine print!!!

EZ Up packaging can be deceptive. Earlier this year we bought a 12x12 EZ Up at Academy to put next to the 10x10 Quickshade brand that we already had. Well comp time comes and we set up the EZ up first.....no problem.....or so we thought. Then we set up the Quickshade, and someone said "that 12x12 doesn't look any bigger than the 10x10. Well we measured, and sure enough. Not only was it not any bigger, it was actually a little bit smaller! Then we looked at the legs and noticed that they get further apart as they go down. The 12'x12' was on the ground. So there we were. Stuck having to use it anyway needing both canopies because it rained all day.

A few days later I called and spoke to a representative who made no apologies whatsoever. She made the excuse that they do that to provide extra stability. I call B.S. They just found a way to make a claim that lets them charge more for a product without actually making any significant improvements. I have no intentions of purchasing any more of their products.

Look at the square canopy footage-some give the dimensions by the legs, not the canopy. I have had a Quest for several years now, and it's still in good shape. Avoid the $99 Wal-mart ones.

whichever one you buy, try to get a deal on one on craigslist before paying full price.

The canopy they sell currently at Costco is outstanding for the quality. I have used mine in comps, to camp on the river, everything. It is 600 denier, powdercoated steel and comes with four wallls, one with a zip door. Could not be happier for $199

I have a 10x10 (canopy measurement) EZ-Up that I snagged at K-Mart on clearance. <$50. It's been a strong performer. I also have a 10x20 with walls (can't recall the brand) that I snagged at Menards on clearance for <$100 a while back. It's nice but it's definitely a 2+ person project to set up & take down. It weighs a ton! Both canopies have served me well & I can't say anything bad about either. Cheers!!!

I've had the costco one for 5 years still looks new.

Becareful of rain buildup on these EZ ups. During a downpour last summer, as we were standing under the porch at the time, we noticed there was a LOT of rain on the EZup. Just as I take off in the downpour to get the rain off of it, it folded up like a cheap suit. Anybody know of any mods that can be done to elieviate this?

Becareful of rain buildup on these EZ ups. During a downpour last summer, as we were standing under the porch at the time, we noticed there was a LOT of rain on the EZup. Just as I take off in the downpour to get the rain off of it, it folded up like a cheap suit. Anybody know of any mods that can be done to elieviate this?

The Undercover Pro UC-2 has a sping loaded center pole extender which allows the peak to be raised to make the top taut. This prevents the rain build up to which you refer. I got mine through Costco online with free shipping and am very happy with it.

I have the 10x10
It's the exact one at sams listed above.
Came with the sides and all...

Back