Who wants it? Craiglist find....

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I will pick it up for anyone who wants it! Since there might be more than one. Please state within a 100 words or less Why it should be yours. Then a week later I will post another thread for voting who should get it.... Voting will also be done for one week.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/for/570677498.html

Why do I deserve it? Here's my tale:

Last Summer my wife talked me into putting in a new "outdoor living space" for our family last year. Money was a little tight, so I decided to do it myself. I removed over 6000lbs of dirt and sod, and a 6 foot section of 20 year old oak roots up to 3 inches in diameter with a pick axe. Next was to deposit 14,000 lbs of gravel and 8000 lbs of concrete sand in the 16x27 hole I dug. All of this had to be moved one wheelbarrow at a time approximately 300 feet from the front of the house to the back. Then I hand laid 892 8x8 pavers, and put another 1500 lbs of sand on top of them, put in 200 wall pavers, 3 feet of landscaping around the whole thing, and dumped 3 yards of hardwood mulch over it. The result, a very nice patio that I THOUGHT I could use. The whole project took me over a month and a half to complete, and I lost 42 lbs in the process :eek:. But I thought to myself "Man Space, Outdoors, Good Thing (beats chest Mod)".

However, it has been taken over by flower patterned lawn furniture, planters shaped like oversized coffee cups, etc. Enough so that despite the gasser, CG, and ECB, it still looks like some kind of girl space, with all the wispy flowers and what not. :shock:

So the reason I want it is this thing may be the perfect accessory that she will allow me put out there, that is not only girly functional, but has some testosterone to it as well.

I NEED MAN STUFF TO OFFSET THIS ATTEMPT TO FEMINIZE THE PATIO I BUILT! PLEASE HELP ME! :cry:

Sorry if that was more than 100 words, but even if I lose the voting, I got this off my chest. Sometimes this forum is like cheap therapy! :icon_smil

Bummer. It was a Kettle Grill Candle Holder for $15. Here's the photo...

At least I got therapy out of it! Thanks Ashmont!

Attachments

• Candle Holder Small.jpg
    Candle Holder Small.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 221
I vote Sled should get it. He may appreciate a good potpourri candle while getting another pedicure.

Not to worry!

Bummer. It was a Kettle Grill Candle Holder for $15. Here's the photo...

At least I got therapy out of it! Thanks Ashmont!

I have it in my possession! This will continue.... Went and picked it up today!!!! Whooo hooooo! I hope that this will be a fun thread. May the best person win.....

i should win in order to help me cope with being laid off and awaiting a divorce... guilt trip mod

Brian, you ain't gonna win with that attitude brother.:lol::biggrin::wink:

Last edited:
Why do I deserve it? Here's my tale:

Last Summer my wife talked me into putting in a new "outdoor living space" for our family last year. Money was a little tight, so I decided to do it myself. I removed over 6000lbs of dirt and sod, and a 6 foot section of 20 year old oak roots up to 3 inches in diameter with a pick axe. Next was to deposit 14,000 lbs of gravel and 8000 lbs of concrete sand in the 16x27 hole I dug. All of this had to be moved one wheelbarrow at a time approximately 300 feet from the front of the house to the back. Then I hand laid 892 8x8 pavers, and put another 1500 lbs of sand on top of them, put in 200 wall pavers, 3 feet of landscaping around the whole thing, and dumped 3 yards of hardwood mulch over it. The result, a very nice patio that I THOUGHT I could use. The whole project took me over a month and a half to complete, and I lost 42 lbs in the process :eek:. But I thought to myself "Man Space, Outdoors, Good Thing (beats chest Mod)".

You were done before sunset weren't you?

Well the CL posting was removed WTF is it? Being the craigslist whore that I am I know i don't need it and can certainly live with out it! Post a pic Ashmont!

smokeandbeer- you got snookered! Same thing happened to me at my last house, I vowed not to let it happen again! Take a look at Zillas pit space, its a start!

Dayum! Dust collectors I got, add the 3 Smokey Joes and I should be a Partylight hostess!

100_2100.jpg

Brian, (swamp) I like your "dust collectors" better!! My wife WAS a partylite person...didn't make a cent! All her profits went back into the company! LOL!

LOL:-D:mrgreen:

Dayum! Dust collectors I got, add the 3 Smokey Joes and I should be a Partylight hostess!

100_2100.jpg

You mean like these, and these are only the ones not put together.

weber001.jpg

My wife is making me sell some some of my smokers at a garage sale. (That is what she thinks).

Back