Sam's Club IBP Pork Butt @ $2.48/lb. What the ....!?

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
vdi8ll.png

I shook my head in amazement, with a sick look on my face. These were $1.69/lb two months ago for the twin packs.

I went back to the counter and asked for the case pricing and they said $2.06/lb..

Two months ago, case pricing was $1.35/lb; one month ago it was $1.49/lb. A couple weeks ago it was $1.59/lb (I started to get upset then). But $2.06/lb now........ That's a 53% increase in just a couple months!!

Beef prices haven't even gone up by that much.

What's the point of shopping at Sam's Club anymore? The only really good deal was on the case prices.

Why would people pay for a membership only to pay more per pound for case pricing of pork butt than they could a single pork butt at Walmart?

I got a pretty tasty corned beef brisket flat from Walmart the other day for $3.49/lb (which I thought was a little high). They want $3.99/lb for them at Sam's Club, $3.39/lb for case pricing. Wow, I'd save a whole 10 cents a pound buying a case..

Sorry for the rant, but this is ridiculous.

I have no reason to shop at Sam's Club anymore. I'll just watch the deals for sales on pork butt at regular stores and stock up like mad.

EDIT: Btw the price on the prime brisket was $3.28/lb and select was $2.98/lb (singles not case prices)

That is pretty ridiculous! I will say SAMs is the only place I can get pork butt that's not in solution though.

I recently got fresh ones on sale a "pick-N-save" for $.99/lb.....Got 4 plus a rain check for more..

Meat fluctuates. It will come back down some.

Buy when its cheap.

It's the same here. We just cooked a huge fundraiser for a church and they were quoted a price at $1.26 a pound. When they went to pick it up, they were charged $1.56. We ended up buying a few extras from Sams and it was $1.99.

I'm headed down to Dallas on the 2nd.. lemme know if any deals going on down there then!

Shoot me a PM before you leave, and I'll check the various circulars. The 2nd is a Wed, so they will all come out that morning.

My supplier is still at $1.52. Though brisket is up to $3/#. Looking at the futures markets, it looks like the peak of prices will come in July. Seems about right, it will take about 4 months to get the national herd back up.

The USDA hog and pig report comes out tomorrow. That will give a better idea where the herd actually is. It will also give farrowing intentions. That will give us an idea of where the herd will be in about 4 months.

$.99 used to be my "pull the trigger" sale price. Now, it's $1.49.

THIS!

And I haven't had that warm and fuzzy feeling of headed home with 40lbs of meat for 40 bucks in a long time. Now, it's replaced with 20lbs for 40 bucks and hardly anybody gets to have my leftovers.:tsk:

.....Unless I'm greasing a wheel for later.:heh::heh:

vdi8ll.png

I shook my head in amazement, with a sick look on my face. These were $1.69/lb two months ago for the twin packs.

I went back to the counter and asked for the case pricing and they said $2.06/lb..

Two months ago, case pricing was $1.35/lb; one month ago it was $1.49/lb. A couple weeks ago it was $1.59/lb (I started to get upset then). But $2.06/lb now........ That's a 53% increase in just a couple months!!

What's the point of shopping at Sam's Club anymore? The only really good deal was on the case prices.

Why would people pay for a membership only to pay more per pound for case pricing of pork butt than they could a single pork butt at Walmart?

I got a pretty tasty corned beef brisket flat from Walmart the other day for $3.49/lb (which I thought was a little high). They want $3.99/lb for them at Sam's Club, $3.39/lb for case pricing. Wow, I'd save a whole 10 cents a pound buying a case..

I have no reason to shop at Sam's Club anymore. I'll just watch the deals for sales on pork butt at regular stores and stock up like mad.

EDIT: Btw the price on the prime brisket was $3.28/lb and select was $2.98/lb (singles not case prices)

I'm wanting to try making SmittyJonz's pork butt burnt ends method for an upcoming party appetizer. Here in my area ( near San Antonio, Texas) I was shocked to see $2.18 lb. usually about $1. Guess it could be worse. Doing it anyway!

Strike!!!!

My wife says I eat enough meat Fri-Sunday she has me eating zoo food, pasture food, science projects etc. most of the week. So you order veggie tacos, take leftovers home for an egg beater omelet or stew- price of cattle sheep and swine means zero to her.

Thank goodness beer and 1800 are fruits and vegetables- it says so right on the labels-honest

Last edited:
vdi8ll.png

Not Sam's fault. Pork futures on a steep climb!

http://www.barchart.com/charts/futures/HEM14

I'm wanting to try making SmittyJonz's pork butt burnt ends method for an upcoming party appetizer. Here in my area ( near San Antonio, Texas) I was shocked to see $2.18 lb. usually about $1. Guess it could be worse. Doing it anyway!

They were Fantascaliscous!!! :heh:

Back