BBQ Brethren "Treats for Santa" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Treats for Santa"[/size]
huge.90.454595.JPG

Anonymous photo.

...as chosen by BobBrisket, the winner of the hot, Hot, HOT...Scovilles that is Throwdown!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 12/17 through Sunday 12/26.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Monday night 12/27. An extra day to post your pics is being given due to the Holidays and people traveling.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Tuesday 12/28 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 12/31. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the La Guerre de Pomme de Terre (Battle Potato) Throwdown until Sunday night 12/19 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Ground Meat Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

I was thinking the same thing ... to some extent. The difference though is that these are left out for Santa at about 9:00pm by the kids and Santa doesn't get them until midnight. I don't think I'd want to leave a steak out that long. Presumably Santa also would want something high in carbs. I don't think I'd want him going into meat coma or anything. Most of the voters are west of me and they'd get mighty angry if he slept through their stops because I fed Santa prime rib.

I was thinking the same thing ... to some extent. The difference though is that these are left out for Santa at about 9:00pm by the kids and Santa doesn't get them until midnight. I don't think I'd want to leave a steak out that long. Presumably Santa also would want something high in carbs. I don't think I'd want him going into meat coma or anything. Most of the voters are west of me and they'd get mighty angry if he slept through their stops because I fed Santa prime rib.

I think you'd get extra presents though for leaving him a big old slab of PR and a cold brew. Just saying....:thumb:

I've never tried "Smoked cookies" & "Smoked Milk".
I suppose it could be good.

Would Reindeer Jerky be ironic, or mean?

I was kind of thinking, poor old Santa probably hates milk and cookies at this point. I mean, could you imagine spending 24 hours straight working your arse off delivering presents to probably a billion houses, and your only sustenance is milk and cookies? I'm surprised that farker isn't in a diabetic coma for almost a whole farking year (wait a minute, that does explain a lot). Maybe he could use some protein? Actually, he could probably use fiber the most, but I don't see bran muffins winning a throwdown or catching Santa's interest either. Now, a short end of ribs....I'll bet he would go completely farking nuts and eat that right up! You might even get an extra gift in your stockings.

I could be wrong though.

I think you'd get extra presents though for leaving him a big old slab of PR and a cold brew. Just saying....:thumb:

Can santa drink and fly? I'd hate to leave him a beer and shot of jager and he goes to jail and I ruin Christmas. Just sayin...

It most definitely is a gloves off everything goes Throw Down. I bet Santa would want some nice potato skins, perhaps in kit form.

I would think that BBQ Santa would want to get charcoal in his stocking for Christmas, but I doubt that pictures of coals will score high in a throwdown.

Can santa drink and fly? I'd hate to leave him a beer and shot of jager and he goes to jail and I ruin Christmas. Just sayin...

I think so. Rudolph pretty much handles all the navigation. All he does is kick back and enjoy the ride. I read somewhere that his ride is pretty much fully automated now. I was thinking of leaving him a big bowl of chili with some good heat to it, but I don't want to give the old guy a case of the chits while he's making deliveries. :becky: Maybe some tamales, just saying....

Nice gesture Gore but don't want him to get the meat sweats..

I think he needs something with a bone or skewer in it to hold with one hand while he holds the reigns with the other. This is definitely a one hand cook.

Question - I have a package of Burnt Ends I have in my freezer. Can I use those if I make them with something grilled or smoked if they are the main ingredient? They were made on the smoker, just a few months ago. I just wont have any cooking pics of the brisky.

Back