KCBS Announces Candidates

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
KCBS ANNOUNCES CANDIDATES FOR
2011 BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION.

The Board of Kansas City Barbeque Society is please to announce the following members have accepted nomination as a candidate for the position of Board of Director. There are four three year terms to be filled, and one two year unfulfilled term. The election will be conducted by Elections Online, with electronic voting beginning on January 3, 2011 and conclude on January 13, 2010. Paper ballots may be requested from the KCBS office. The winners will be announced during the annual banquet in Kansas City, KS, on January 15, 2011

This year there are two incumbents seeing re-election:
Mike Budai and Tana Shupe

The candidates running for a position as a Director this year are:

Candidate City,State

Ford Alison Sparta, MI
Sonny Ashford Plattsmouth, NE
Randy Bigler Huntsville, AL
Arlie Bragg Mt. Juliete, TN
*Mike Budai Olathe, KS
Thom Emery Thousand Palms, CA
John Kirby Baltimore, MD
Scott Kuklin Simi Valley, CA
Jim Monihan Boise, ID
Dale Newstrom Carterville, IL
Mark Simmons Independence, MO
Jim Stancil Oxford, GA
*Tana Schupe Tullahoma, TN

*incumbents

Merl Whitebook
Nominations Chairperson
KCBS Board of Directors
mwhitebook@kcbs.us

Merl - Is there any current Board members that are not seeking reelection and/or are ineligible to run given the tenure on the Board?

Thanks!

I believe that Carol is the only one not running again.

Persoanlly, I think all of these folks should get their heads examined... :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree with you more Scottie but as long as they go into it with the right attitude and no hidden agendas, then at least they are starting off on the right foot.

I didn't want to run but was nominated and got the call from Merl Friday. I'll run and I think most folks know my thoughts. Most important this BOD needs new faces and regional diversity.

Merl - Is there any current Board members that are not seeking reelection and/or are ineligible to run given the tenure on the Board?

Thanks!

Ed Roith, but I believe he is term limited and has to sit out a year.

Back