• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket Rub

WineMaster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
How many of you guys use Tender Qwick in your Brisket rub to aid in smoke ring development.
Also, how much would you add.

Dan

If you're just looking for a larger ring why not just use straight up curing salts instead of Tender Qwick?

Never needed anything to aid in getting a smoke ring.

How many of you guys use Tender Qwick in your Brisket rub to aid in smoke ring development.
Also, how much would you add.

Dan

Fessing up to Tenderquick is harder than fessing up to using foil.......:mrgreen:

Moving on quickly to your second question, sprinkle it on the in-side (not the fat cap side) and let it sit out on the counter for 15 minutes. Rinse it off, dry the brisket, return to the fridge for an hour or two. Season and smoke as usual.

Fessing up to Tenderquick is harder than fessing up to using foil.......:mrgreen:

Moving on quickly to your second question, sprinkle it on the in-side (not the fat cap side) and let it sit out on the counter for 15 minutes. Rinse it off, dry the brisket, return to the fridge for an hour or two. Season and smoke as usual.

This is the way I've heard of using it. Not actually in the rub, but before the rub and then rinsed off.:frown: I've never seen the need to do it myself.:-D

What about adding to pork injections to keep the product from turning grey so quickly? Personally never have tried it.

I've never tried it but have heard from a couple guys that did inject with it that it left nasty lookin' streaks in the meat and the taste was not good at all.:-D That sounds right though, because it would be in there curing the whole time with no way to stop it. ( Like rinsing it off the outside ):frown:

Back