Pellet cookers-Smoke flavor

Do you have any additional information you can share, or is it just pure speculation at this point?

MAK Grills is one of our team sponsors. Talking with Bob (the owner) about the new MAK 3 Star has me very excited about being able to cook HNF on a pellet smoker. The design/engineering is proprietary (of course) but from what I understand it will produce the same quality smoke at 300-325 as it would at 225-250. I am hoping to test drive a prototype soon before it goes in to production. :-D

I recently starting using a pellet grill after 3yrs with the UDS. Love the grill, but I'm not gonna lie, my first shoulder had less smoke flavor than we were used to. 1 AMZN tube smoker later and everyone is good so far,... and BONUS, I finagled another toy,.. errmm, essential cooking tool, out of the deal!

MAK Grills is one of our team sponsors. Talking with Bob (the owner) about the new MAK 3 Star has me very excited about being able to cook HNF on a pellet smoker. The design/engineering is proprietary (of course) but from what I understand it will produce the same quality smoke at 300-325 as it would at 225-250. I am hoping to test drive a prototype soon before it goes in to production. :-D

Thank you for the update.

I've got a MAK 1 star and love the way it cooks. I do wish I could get more smoke flavor but I think it is my problem as these MAK's are winning comps. I cook butts, wings, thighs, steaks, ribs, no problem. Never tried a brisket on it. I love my Big Green Egg for briskets. My wife used to only use the gasser. Now she only uses the MAK.... :)

I am seriously looking at the Fast Eddy PG1000. I have heard nothing but good things about the smoke output and grilling with the charbroiler. Also this pit is well insulated for those New England winters. It is unfortunately quite expensive so I am saving my pennies. Perhaps by the spring I will be able to pull the trigger. Yoder is on the list too but the FE insulation keeps bringing me back.

Good luck with your search Dirtydingus !

Back