View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

Default A little grilled seafood for dinner last night-pR0n.

Originally my plan was just a piece of salmon, but then I saw the prawns I had, and it just kinda snowballed from there.

I decided I wanted to try a couple of different recipes on the salmon and the prawns. For the prawns in particular, I wanted to see if I could replicate a cook I did a few weeks ago, and they came out great (actually wrote it down this time with the measurements.

Probably more pron than you care for but here it is:
Started with the salmon. Made up a mix of brown sugar, kosher salt, gr. ginger and some cayenne pepper. I let the salmon "rest" in this for two hours.

While this was in the refer, I prepped my prawns, saute'd up some mushrooms in butter, seasoned with some Plowboys Fin and Feather and some SM Sweet-n-Spicey, and after it cooled a bit, tossed in the prawns to marinate in the butter sauce.

Salmon after 2 hours

rinsed, dried and returned to refer for about an hour. Skewered the prawns and shrooms, prepped some taters, and some terragon green beans.

for the taters just a little EVOO, SM Season All, and some parsley flakes, tossed these in the oven for a little over a hour

Got the Smokey Joe ready

Salmon in the basket, and onto the grill

Started the prawns

Prawns and salmon done

Plated

Bite shots

Tried it with a little tarter, but didn't need it for sure, very tasty all on its own.

Shrimp and mushroom

Taters and beans

A little side of cucumber salad

Great meal, enjoyed it immensely.

Thanks for looking,

KC

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->