Ordered My New Pit the "DownEast Beast"

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have been looking at the "Backwoods" line of smokers and comparing them with others similar to them for about six months now.

I recently came across the "Humphrey's" and was pleased with what I saw. Especially the ability to hold full size steam table (hotel) pans. This was a big plus.

I have ordered a "DownEast Beast" with 22 rack positions and tall enough inside for my sausage smoking as well as for normal cooks.

I have to say that Kevin is one of the most pleasant people I have ever dealt with regarding sales.

He listens when you tell him your needs and then makes a suggestion for you. No pressure, no hard pushing, just genuine concern that you get what you want and not what he wishes to sell you.

I sent my check off yesterday and I anxiously await my new arrival...

I will post pictures of the new arrival when I have it in my possession.

Anyone looking for a "Backwoods" type cooker should compare their needs / wants to this line.

I copied these pictures of a smaller smoker of the same design from another message.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
She's a beauty!:cool:

Thanks, the pictures are of their smaller model the "Battle Box", the "Beast" is taller. I am anxious with anticipation....

They even offered to notch the top rail for proper spacing of my sausage rods.

It may be here before Easter..

22 rack position possibilities?? Sounds like a beast! Cant wait to see pics...google only shows this thread if I search haha.

Looks like a spicewine nice looking cooker

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk 2

You're really going to like that smoker. The Humphreys do fantastic work. I have had them do some work for me. They refurbished my Fatboy(Looks brand new now) and they also did some work on my old BBQ trailer. Their craftsmanship is top notch, some of the best in the country!!!!! You won't be disappointed.

Wow looks great! Let us know how it performs. Of course Pron is always nice too! Good luck!

I don't understand the "22 rack positions". How did they come up with that number?

All of the different rack configurations and placements, with adding more racks than the standard amount of racks that come with the cooker(four).

I don't understand the "22 rack positions". How did they come up with that number?

Simply stated you have 22 different positions in which you can place your cooking shelves.

Many of us over the years wished our shelves were an inch higher or an inch lower so that we could fit more meat into the cooker. Although the cooker comes with 4 shelves, you have control where you put them. Space them farther apart for shoulders or closer so you can add more shelves to cook more chicken, ribs, ect...

The use of the word rack is simply the guides for the shelves to slip them in and slip them out for your personal adjustments to the cooker.

Back