View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #45
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swine Spectator View Post
I wrote the original passage that this thread is based on, yet somehow I missed in when LD reposted it. I am sad to say that my friend passed on last fall, after living nearly a year longer than he was supposed to. He was a great guy who wore a smile until his dying day.

Although pretty much everyone here takes their Q seriously, I think most recognize that Q'ing is really just an excuse to share time with friends and family. Don't ever forget that.
Your original post really moved me and help me further articulate something I'd already seen and felt. It came at a time for me when my father was beginning his decline as cancer was sucking his life away.

I used to write a lot about his idea of BBQ vs. mine. We were complete BBQ opposites. And yet, the time spent behind the grill with him to this day is some of the best time in my life. I cherish every memory.

We lost him last July. I would love to tell you that cancer took him mercifully fast; it didn't. It was slow, and aweful.

I haven't cooked BBQ since his passing, but the old Lang is looking mighty pitiful sitting there unused. I think it's time I made a few more friends, and rekindled a few old friendships.
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->