View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #7
71-South
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
How often does your lodge do panacake breakfasts ? If it is often you could go the individual serving size and if you buy too much you can always keep it for the next time. The same would hold true for bottles of syrup. Are you going to buy regular size bottles or institutional size ??
We're doing a breakfast on the second Saturday of each month. Last month we did Biscuits and Gravy and it went over great. This month, it's pancakes. I'm probably going to alternate between those two menus month to month (keeping it simple, Midwest Mod).

We're going to do home-sized bottles and put them on the tables. We have six big tables, so I'm going to start w/ 12 bottles of regular (six on the tables) and 6 bottles of sugar-free.

Quote:
We are cooking for our fire department's annual Christmas breakfast next week (we are on the department). We have never figured out a per-person serving size. We usually serve over 200 people and have pancakes and french toast and usually get 3 gallons of syrup from GFS. We have the advantage of having done this for several years and we can just use the past year's figures and adjust from there. We usually make one or two runs to the local grocery store for something we forgot to figure correctly. Every year we promise to keep notes and make adjustments, but alas we never do.... Mike
Yeah, the store is only about 5 min. from our lodge. Last month I made two trips there to get more biscuits and more eggs. Like you, we're trying to keep good notes so we can plan future breakfasts accordingly.

Yoder YS640 / UDS / Mini WSM
---
Hackers -n- Hogs Competition BBQ Team
Harrisonville/Lee's Summit, Missouri
Grip it. Rip it. Let the big hog eat!
71-South is offline   Reply With Quote