I did do a 12 with the breast, it was great. Here is the finished picture of a 4. I damn near turned it into a 5 while fiddling with the camera. :biggrin:

DSC03849a.jpg

Overall I was pleased with the mayo. It definitely locked in more moisture than brining alone. I'm not really a skin eater, but tested both. Chris was dead-on accurate in his description.

Get a farken life!! Totally kidding, very impressive stats you have there, have given me some insight on kicking up our chicken for our next comp.
This should definetly be saved somewhere :wink:

Well done. Thanks for the hard work. I will be trying #12 real soon and brining appears to be the key.

That was a lot of work. You get a huge Thank You :icon_cool

Thank you for the effort in putting this review together.
I love the passion.

Great writeup thanks for sharing. Can you provide an indication of how thick you applied the mayo? About the same as a mustard slather?

Absolutely great post!

How as the mayo applied - as I have never heard of doing this.

I put the mayo in a bowl, put a piece of chicken in it, flipped to get some on the other side, and then spread it around with my fingers (in gloves). I then applied rub directly on top of the mayo slather. You could use a brush or similar device for the same effect. It was not a thick layer or glopped on there. Just spread around similar to mustard slather.

Thanks, Again this is a great post. Thanks for sharing with us.

Tried mayo at the end of my smoke, and I need to work on it some.

I did some brined breasts with the mayo, and was very pleased.

DSC03857a.jpg

Ok somene please explain the mayo thing i have never hear about this.

Ok somene please explain the mayo thing i have never hear about this.

There are bits and pieces about mayo mentioned in various threads. Here is one a few days before this one that has some idears (and not just for chicken)

Next assignment, test top 10 on turkeys. Will stand by for results. Thanks for all the hard work.

Back