I did do a 12 with the breast, it was great. Here is the finished picture of a 4. I damn near turned it into a 5 while fiddling with the camera. :biggrin:

DSC03849a.jpg

Overall I was pleased with the mayo. It definitely locked in more moisture than brining alone. I'm not really a skin eater, but tested both. Chris was dead-on accurate in his description.

Get a farken life!! Totally kidding, very impressive stats you have there, have given me some insight on kicking up our chicken for our next comp.
This should definetly be saved somewhere :wink:

Well done. Thanks for the hard work. I will be trying #12 real soon and brining appears to be the key.

Thank you for the effort in putting this review together.
I love the passion.

Great writeup thanks for sharing. Can you provide an indication of how thick you applied the mayo? About the same as a mustard slather?

Absolutely great post!

How as the mayo applied - as I have never heard of doing this.

I put the mayo in a bowl, put a piece of chicken in it, flipped to get some on the other side, and then spread it around with my fingers (in gloves). I then applied rub directly on top of the mayo slather. You could use a brush or similar device for the same effect. It was not a thick layer or glopped on there. Just spread around similar to mustard slather.

Back