Brethren Only Competition?

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It occured to me while reading all the comments on Phil's contest over the weekend and all the discussions we have around here that it would be really cool if we could someday get a date together centrally located where all of the FO's here who compete could come together, set up and have our own cook-off and try to round up judges to help us out. Talk about braggin' rights! Wow!

Jeff, nice thought, but if I'm gathering with enough Brothers to make up a worthwhile field, I'm not farking up the fun with a contest and have to turn ins. Brethren are for Fellowship, fellow Q folk are for competing with.

Do we, Bill? Are bashes really about all that? Whether they are or not, I'm looking forward to my first one. I think Jeff has a cool, non-bash idea!

I think Jeff has a cool, non-bash idea!
Brethren getting together is by definition, a "bash". The times are rare enough to begin with, so why muck it up? Everyone pitches in and adds their little secrets, and we all enjoy some great food.

The hope is, that eventually, we have several brethren teams all going head to head at the Royal, or the jack. Then it will happen, until then, a bash is a bash, is a bash.

Why a "Brethren Competition"? and limit ourselves to compete against ourselves..... I have a different view of the bridge.

Currently we have what? 8 teams flying our colors. Me, Greg, Spice, Bellybros, Cracker, Mr Smoker, Southern Brethren, Frontstreet(the old Zachs just ordered one) and im gonna talk WillyB to fly it. i also have orders from a few others that i havent created yet.

We all show up at a competition... raise the banners and the pig appears on 8....9....10.. tents...

we are competing.. brother against brother??.. or are we, The Collective Brethren.. competing against other KCBS teams. :twisted:

Jeff may have hit upon an idea though: mentoring over a fire. Although I'm not a competitor at this time, I imagine you who ARE would probably not be interested in all the hoopla just to show someone how to do it, no? <grin>

Jeff, nice thought, but if I'm gathering with enough Brothers to make up a worthwhile field, I'm not farking up the fun with a contest and have to turn ins. Brethren are for Fellowship, fellow Q folk are for competing with.

Amen to that E. Tha would fark up my drinkin big time.

Just a thought. But then again, I've had a headache off and on and light-headedness for two weeks now so maybe I'm loopy. I'm headed to the doctor in the morning to get it checked out anyway.

Re: RE: Brethren Only Competition?

"Amen to that E. Tha would fark up my drinkin big time."

Then let RBSNWNGS cook.....He doesn't drink.

RE: Re: RE: Brethren Only Competition?

Then let RBSNWNGS cook.....He doesn't drink.

Nope. Will is in charge of turn-in! :D

I dont drink I inhale

A Bash is all about competition. You gotta compete:
to be pitbitch
to rub the meat
to show your man boobs on the webcam
to moon the webcam
to be the farthest away from Bruce when he farts
to not be close to the fire when Shock adds more wood
to get into the bathroom before the stench is too bad

Re: RE: Re: RE: Brethren Only Competition?

jt said:
A Bash is all about competition. You gotta compete:
to be pitbitch
to rub the meat
to show your man boobs on the webcam
to moon the webcam
to be the farthest away from Bruce when he farts
to not be close to the fire when Shock adds more wood
to get into the bathroom before the stench is too bad

Amen to that. :lol:

If we were to ever to do something like this , it would have to be for a charity so that the Brethren would get Maximum Publicity out of the whole thing. Bragging Rights---sure---- but who really cares---we are haveing fun for a good cause .

I , for one will be drinking!!! 8)

Charity event... cool idea! And it could be great national exposure for the Brethren... but then why limit it to just us? BBQ Brethren could be contest organizers and make it a contest open to everyone... I'm just thinkin' with my sore head again...

... but then why limit it to just us? BBQ Brethren could be contest organizers and make it a contest open to everyone...
That is one headache that I would not want.

or... we could oganize a cook for returning servicemen - something Operation BBQ For Our Troops. Let the servicemen (and their families) judge it like a People's Choice" contest. Just another thought.

Wayne, the only problem I see with that would be that units come back at different times. How would we decide when to hold the event without offending someone who's loved one was coming home later? But I do think you're onto something there.

Back