• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

11:00 a.m shot Rocky Mtn BBQ Association sets the standard

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
No longer do you go to an 11:00 shot and now know what to do. Rocky Mountain BBQ association now has an official standard for the 11:00 am shot. I do not know what the penalty would be for those Iowa or the Rev who may violate the rules.
What is more interesting, is RMBBQA now gives awards for the best 11:00 shot. I am pleased that I will be at many of the RMBBQA contest. They are setting the bar very high for everyone else.
Rocky Mountain BBQ Association “Eleven O’clock Shot” Tradition: Guidance to Hosts

The individual or team hosting the shot will be referred to as “The Host.” “Participants” refer to
those individuals representing teams participating in the traditional shot.
1. The Host shall be a Rocky Mountain BBQ Association member in good standing.
2. The Host will have non-alcoholic beverages available to Participants.
3. The Host will ensure the traditional shot occurs at one hour prior to first standard category
turn-in (traditionally the Chicken Category).
3. The Host will be responsible for pouring the shots.
4. The Host is discouraged from handing the shots to individuals; rather, it is preferred the Host
allow the Participants to select and retrieve their own shots.
5. The Host is expected to present the toast; in the event the Host is unable to present the toast,
the Host shall ensure another Rocky Mountain BBQ Association member is available to present
the toast.
6. If applicable, and in the event a Participant appears to be under 21 years of age, the Host
reserves the right to ask for state-issued identification as proof of age.
7. If applicable, the Host is expected to use their best judgment regarding serving of alcohol to
persons already visibly intoxicated, underage personnel, individuals not associated with the BBQ
event, etc.
8. The Host is expected to execute their duties in view of rules and regulations associated with
the event (to include local/state/federal law) and coordinate with the Event Organizer when
questions arise.
Additionally, we’ve developed an informal set of awards for your consideration; please consider
these when planning your Hosting event!
1) Best Shot Presentation
2) Best Toast
3) Most Appropriate (Overall) – best representation of a particular event or location; includes
presentation and toast
4) Best Hosting (Overall) - includes presentation and toast

Iowa violate rules? come on Merl, now I think I feel alittle violated. lol

Leave it up to big gov't to come along and screw up something as simple as a shot with multiple rules and regulations.
Plus it's the wrong dang time (9:38 is the standard I believe).
ModelMaker

ModelMaker

Wierd, we've always though the time was 4:00 PM, 9:00 PM, 11:00 PM, 7:00 AM, 11:30 AM, and 1:35 PM.

This might explain a few things.

If the turn in is 12, no way I can make a 11 oclock shot.

Leave it up to big gov't to come along and screw up something as simple as a shot with multiple rules and regulations.
ModelMaker

9:22. The Rev needs some time to get warmed up, and it's worth it

It's like another catagory. If I were to host, I'd have to come up with a timeline and a process.

But unless you've attended a service by the Rev, you just haven't been anointed in the BBQ spirit.....preach on brother, preach on!

But I like the spirit of the RMBBQA.....

I am part of the RMBBQA. This has been done at every comp I have been at with no problems. It is a good time to get a couple minutes of relax before the storm.

Well, I think the whole tradition sucks, since we judges aren't allowed to fraternize with teams on Saturday mornings!

Back