***SPECIAL*** BBQ Brethren "Big Farking Sammich" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

My official big-arse meaty farking sammich entry.

I was going to make this Friday, to scre some major Good Friday going-to-hell points, but it is supposed to rain on Friday. So, I made it last night for dinner. I can always make another on the stove tomorrow. :heh:

All a sammich needs to make me happy is meat, cheese and bread. Here, we have some Omaha Steaks Premium beef patties, and some Taylor Pork Roll, and some Boar's Head White American Cheese.

picture.php

The burgers were seasoned with k-salt and black pepper, and everyone onto the 18.5 OTG.

picture.php

I deep fried some taters and assembled my sammich. From the bottom up, it is toasted bun, burger, Pork Roll, cheese, burger, Pork Roll, cheese and more toasted bun. :biggrin1:

picture.php

CD

If we had to prove we ate our entries to qualify, I believe there would be a few DQ's handed out. :shock:

CD :becky:

I am with you on the burger ingredients. Meat & cheese no more. That one there is like a double R burger at roy rogers meat, ham, cheese YUmm. Nice job

My Official Entry photo!

No story, no BS, just one Big Farkin Sammich!

It starts with a local bakery loaf of three cheese bread.
Add all of the breast meat from a UDS smoked turkey!
Top the turkey with ten slices of provolone cheese.
Next add a pound of bacon.
Follow that off with a round of garden.

Accompanied by a pale ale!

Build thread to follow soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 86
Official Entry-Big Farkin' Fridge Trash Sammich

Haven't made one of these in awhile, so this seemed like the perfect occasion, as this is definitely a big sammich, and quite tasty too. Sorry for the crappy pics, had my camera set on manual and didn't notice it until everything was eaten.:oops:

The meat ready to go on the grill: six pieces of bacon, six chicken breast tenderloins with some of my cajun seasoning pounded into them, six pieces of black forest ham, three Italian sausages:

bigsammich1.jpg

All the protein on the grill with a little apple smoke:

bigsammich2.jpg

The veggie element-grilling up some peppers and onions drizzled in olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano:

bigsammich3.jpg

Split, butter, and toast a 2-foot-long loaf of French bread:

bigsammich4.jpg

Add six slices of Swiss cheese, pickles and spicy dijon mustard, put it all together, and good God this was good! USE THIS BLURRY PIC:

bigsammich5.jpg

Uhhh...that sammie appears to be nearly 20 inches long! :faint:

Uhhh...that sammie appears to be nearly 20 inches long! :faint:
It was actually 23" long if you look at it from a 90* angle and get the tape right. I didn't eat all of it in one sitting, but it's all gone now. :mrgreen: And I had fries with it. My aorta hurts. :shocked:

Wow! Wonderful entries Caseydog, Vpmod, and Gnaws! Talk about a wild block party we got going on here!

Last edited:
Behemoth BLT Sammich

Here is my official entry for the "Big Farking Sammich" Throwdown, Please

It is also posted in Q Talk here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157556

I call this one my "Behemoth BLT." It is a classic bacon-lettuce-tomato, but like on steroids. You'll see as we build this thing. I must say from the getgo it was the most delicious and enjoyable sammich I have ever made. Here is a shot of the ingredients (minus the grilled chicken). Those are extra grande sized tortillas by the way.

bltsammy_ingredients_zps216382d6.jpg

Let's head out to the pit now and get the chicken goin'. You can see that I added a hunk of lump to give the bird a subtle but distinct mesquite nuance.

bltsammy_cknstart_zps714ebe50.jpg
bltsammy_ckngrilled_zps98e3c500.jpg

A better examination of the grilled bird...

bltsammy_cknplated_zpsb6f74587.jpg

And now pulled, ready for use in the sammich...

bltsammy_cknshredded_zps367c0ee4.jpg

Now we need the bacon. (Mmmmm... bacon!) And a whole pound of it. I hot smoked it via side firebox with hickory for the smoke. Oh hold me back!

bltsammy_baconstart_zpsc3b17c95.jpg

Plated...

bltsammy_baconplated_zpsf73ee0e0.jpg

Now it is time to create. Notice I overlayed two of those extra grande sized tortillas (only for with which to begin!). So, on goes the bacon, on goes the pulled chicken.

bltsammy_bacckntop_zps73b8c75a.jpg

What say you we top that with a little shredded Romaine lettuce and Crema Mexicana (sour cream)?

bltsammy_lettucecreamtop_zps0a4e45aa.jpg

And how about some sliced cherry tomatoes and black olives?

bltsammy_tomolvtop_zps9ce7413a.jpg

There. No, not quite... what about some alfalfa sprouts (mostly got buried), guacamole, queso fresco cheese, and crumbled chicharrones? I agree. Let's get 'em on there!

bltsammy_alfguactop_zps48a1f158.jpg

Oh dear..., you can see from the above pic I let it get away from me. No way I was gonna wrap this monster with a mere two huge tortillas. So I underlaid yet two more to form a + sign confiuration. Only then could I contain all the ingredients. And so here we go friends, one behemoth BLT sammich with a side order of chile limon chicharrones. Wish I could upload it right to your dinner plate (assuming the plate was big enough!).:dancer:
Please use this last plated pic as my specific entry

bltsammy_plated3b_zps37c24982.jpg

Am I too late? :shock:

My wife once told me a story of taking a train ride to Belgrade many decades ago. She was sharing a cabin with others, including a soldier and they all decided to swap sandwiches. The soldier had a porkchop sandwich that consisted of two slices of bread with a porkchop in between. Yes, it still had the bone. For some reason that always sounded like a great idea. Anyway, this seemed like the perfect opportunity to make a Big Farkin' Porkchop Sandwich. I began with one of those cute little pork crown roasts that you get in Costco. I seasoned this up with some of Bigabyte's Foilhat Rub and parsley:

IMG_7271.jpg

Note that I removed the membrane first. I had the Oval coasting at 275* with a single diffuser plate -- one grate high and the other low. I tossed it on the indirect-high side:

IMG_7272.jpg

I let this go until IT 140-145*. it took almost two hours.

I removed the roast and let it sit for about 15 minutes and opened the vent. I then seared it everywhere:

IMG_7276.jpg

IMG_7277.jpg

It's nice have one grate high so you can use it as a brace:

IMG_7278.jpg

I then took it off and made a porkchop sammie:

IMG_7285.jpg

I'd definitely recommend using a small bun like this one or you can get too filled up on the bread.

Back