To poop, or not to poop?

Hgbpro79

Found some matches.
Reaction score
As I stated in my cattle call intro, which I am sure each one of you read, my trusty reverse flow smoker was stolen recently. Therefore, I am in the market for a new smoker for next comp season. I will be leaving my team to venture on my own and will not have any teammates to lend helping hands. I am hung between to different smokers and would like as much input on these guys as I can get. The two are, and are very different, the REC TEC Pellet Pooper, and the backwoods Chubby. My hope is that I can get more sleep than I did with my old stick burner. I do have a GURU to attach if I get the chubby. I also am hoping that I can cook all 4 categories on one smoker. If not I do have a USD and a WSM for backup, but the goal is to use only one. Please tell me your thoughts and feedback.

Is a Chubby going to be big enough for all of your comp meats? A Guru and Chubby combo will give you almost as much sleep as a pellet pooper and more, if the power goes down and you don't/can't use a generator. Just not sure that it is large enough.

You'd have to have your timeline down pretty good to cook a contest on one of those smokers, they're both relatively small. I think either one of them would do the job though. You'd probably want to get a guru or stoker to help with temps on the chubby.

Check out humphreys pits. I ordered mine a few weeks ago.

I just saw these. Do you have any issue with it not being air tight? The Battle Box looks like the size I am looking. If you upgrade to SS shelves, does that upgrade the basket and diverter as well? I could not find that info on their site. Really looks like a better option than the BW Party due to the number of shelf locations and it comes with a GURU adapter. COOL, thanks for the tip!

You'd have to have your timeline down pretty good to cook a contest on one of those smokers, they're both relatively small. I think either one of them would do the job though. You'd probably want to get a guru or stoker to help with temps on the chubby.

I do own a GURU, but I think you are right on the chubby size. I think the party would be a better size, but now just looked at Humphrey's battle box and leaning that way.

I do own a GURU, but I think you are right on the chubby size. I think the party would be a better size, but now just looked at Humphrey's battle box and leaning that way.

Hey bud Pm me lets chat about them

As I stated in my cattle call intro, which I am sure each one of you read, my trusty reverse flow smoker was stolen recently. Therefore, I am in the market for a new smoker for next comp season. I will be leaving my team to venture on my own and will not have any teammates to lend helping hands. I am hung between to different smokers and would like as much input on these guys as I can get. The two are, and are very different, the REC TEC Pellet Pooper, and the backwoods Chubby. My hope is that I can get more sleep than I did with my old stick burner. I do have a GURU to attach if I get the chubby. I also am hoping that I can cook all 4 categories on one smoker. If not I do have a USD and a WSM for backup, but the goal is to use only one. Please tell me your thoughts and feedback.

Hate to hear about the theft. Are u the one on Ral CL posting the reward? I saw that smoker on CL 1 day & then the post vanished. Hoping the thieves get stupid & slip up

Best of luck on your new purchase

Hate to hear about the theft. Are u the one on Ral CL posting the reward? I saw that smoker on CL 1 day & then the post vanished. Hoping the thieves get stupid & slip up

Best of luck on your new purchase
yeah my friend posted that because it got stolen from his business where we were storing it. I'm sure its cut up and scrapped by now.

aw man, that's el crappo.

those two are pretty small. can it be done? yup. is it ideal? nope.

if i had my druthers i'd go with 2 humphry's half pints.

Back