New guy from Indiana

chezuki

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hello fellow que-heads. I guess it's time I stop lurking and post something.

The epic UDS thread here has been very helpful through my build, and continues to be as I learn my newborn UDS. I figured I'd join up and see what else I could learn.
My UDS has been finished for about a week and I believe I've fired her up every day except one.

Here she is at her ugliest:

407491165.jpg

And as she sits now:

407504927.jpg

First smokes:

407500308.jpg

407491718.jpg

407520933.jpg

I look forward to being a part of this community. I'm not new to bbq, but I'm new to the freedom of doing it my way and look forward learning from others. Up until about a year ago, I managed the kitchen of one of those corporate chain bbq joints most true bbq enthusiasts hate.

It's kinda nice going from twin $20,000 Southern Pride rotisserie smokers to a backyard pit I built myself and putting out better quality food on the first run.

Well, enough ramblings for one late night.
See ya around the forum!

Welcome neighbor.
And that's a good lookin UDS congrats on the successful build

Looks like you're rocking out some good food already. Those thighs looks good!

Is that one those glow-in-the-dark thermos?

Welcome to the Brethren brother! Nice to see another Indiana cook strutin' his stuff! :-D

Indiana?

PLAINFIELD, INDIANA???

Noone in Indiana knows how to cook good BBQ!

:laugh:

Welcome!
Nice pit!

Did you actually get to handle those SPs personally or just manage those that did? I've seen a few of those up close. WAY cool.

Welcome to the forum. Great looking drum and food!

Indiana?

PLAINFIELD, INDIANA???

Noone in Indiana knows how to cook good BBQ!

:laugh:

Welcome!
Nice pit!

Did you actually get to handle those SPs personally or just manage those that did? I've seen a few of those up close. WAY cool.
Howdy neighbor from the next town over! Yes, I got plenty of hands on experience with this SPs. I was the "pit master" before being promoted and still had hands on every protein as KM. I've personally seasoned, smoked and pulled over 100,000lbs of pork butts as well as equally impressive amounts of baby back, St. Louis, briskets and turkey breast. Both smokers running at full capacity can put out 600 racks of ribs at one time.

Back