• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Charging for Samples??

nicerackbbqteam

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
im sure this question came up before but iam stump
my client and i already came up with the menu for110 people and the price.. then after she ask if she taste samples..i already said i would provide some samples..looks like im gona eat that cost.. my bad
so should i have said we charge for samples??

samples or a "tasting" as we like to call it are on you. If i'm doing a big enough job that requires a tasting the cost is absorbed in the price.

Tasting after the price and menu is strange. Hopefully she likes the samples and doesn't cancel. Expect some changes in the menu!!

Be careful when in that situation. Provide enough for 2-4 servings. I had a potential "client" that did just this, then asked for a meal for 12! I explained the cost, and was willing to provide a deal on the 12 person meal that could be applied towards her booked event. She backed out quick. Freeloaders looking for a freebie.

Tastings are part of the cost of doing business. You need to limit it to four (bride, groom and paying parents). YMMV

Be careful when in that situation. Provide enough for 2-4 servings. I had a potential "client" that did just this, then asked for a meal for 12! I explained the cost, and was willing to provide a deal on the 12 person meal that could be applied towards her booked event. She backed out quick. Freeloaders looking for a freebie.

i will state that its just 4 servings... her party will be for 110 people so i hope she like our food..

thank you guys great feed back!

I still can't grasp the fact that some of you will cook for 12 hours just to give a sample to a client. You must be making a whole lot more from an event than I am. Now if they are willing to come out when I am already cooking I would do it for sure.

I still can't grasp the fact that some of you will cook for 12 hours just to give a sample to a client. You must be making a whole lot more from an event than I am. Now if they are willing to come out when I am already cooking I would do it for sure.

Most of us are already cooking. :thumb:

it was worth it i landed the gig for 110ppl!
thank you guys for your advice

Yea I get it if you are already cooking but in a thread a while back some stated they would cook 12-14 hour just to do a tasting. That is what blows my mind, like I stated I must not be charging enough if doing a 14 hour cookings for free is worth landing a gig for 100 people

Back