Turkey 101 PDF

SmokinOkie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I posted this over in the Spatchcocking thread, but someone suggest I post it for all to see.

I first did this Turkey 101 back in 1999 or so and it's been fairly popular.

This year, I taught at the local Vo-Tech a Turkey 101 class and so I've updated it and you can now download the whole thing in a PDF.

I'll be updating this with some photos from this year's cook soon.

As always if it's confusing, you see corrections and of course, have questions, please post them here. It's a long document and it wouldn't surprise me if I said one thing in one place and something different in another.

Keep me honest.

Enjoy

Russ

Turkey 101 PDF

Thanks, been using the Holiday Brine ever since I found it. Good eats for sure.

I made 10 copies and passed them around work with words of wisdom- "now quit asking me how to smoke a turkey ":laugh:

"Okay, I‟m sure you thought I‟d never get to this part. HAHA. Or you skipped that other stuff and came directly here."

I'll admit... I did that :)

Used your brine recipe last year and got many great reviews! I'll be using it again later this week for Canadian Turkey Day.

Thank you for creating this.

Readin my mind! I was just thinking about this earlier today... I'm putting my foil hat back on!:mad:

Thanks for the info tho!:thumb:

Russ, this is great. We are doing a church fundraiser making turkey three ways, and handing out something similar for my oven roasted turkey, along with my wife and my tips for hosting a large number of family members while keeping a smile.

I love the cheese cloth idea for our smoked turkeys (traditional and a latino mojo criollo). If anyone asks I'll be sure to give you credit and point them your way.

awesome! I was planning on doing thanksgiving turkey in the egg this year and this is going to be super helpful. Thanks.

Back