• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS Quick Notes???

Diva

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I saw Quick Notes from the Board from a January 6th meeting. I didn't see a public notification, kinda surprised me that there was a meeting...thought they publicly notified the membership it was being held in Philly...anyhoooooo.....Unless I'm reading it wrong, is the board going to pony up some TOY funds for this year??? Two thousand dollars would be right on to split among the contenders, however, you'd think they'd put a little more in the kitty.

The notes say that it was approved to set aside $2000 for TOY. Didn't say for 2009 or who it would go to. I can't believe they'd split $2000. If so... that's not a lot of gas money.

I'm thinking this meeting was to discuss all the stuff they don't want to discuss in front of everyone in Philly. Business as usual.
(Jeff, I think you can still withdraw your candidacy! You're gonna be sorry!)

$2,000 sounds like what it would cost to buy awards for 2009 season

Please explain a couple of things to me why do the quick notes indicate a unanimous vote but the roll call indicates different?

Vote: 10 yes, 0 no, 0 abstentionsVote:
Roll call requested.
Mike Budai Yes
Gene Goycochea Yes
Don Harwell No
Paul Kirk, Yes
Wayne Lohman, No
Linda Mullane Yes
Steve Ownby, No
Tana Shupe Abstain
, Carol Whitebook No
Merl Whitebook Yes
5 yes, 4 no, 1 abstention

And this one I REALLY don't understand
Paul Kirk made a motion to accept the appeal by a contest rep and modify the previous retraining plan to provide that at the first two contests in 2010 of the Contest Rep, KCBS will provide a trainer/mentor to provide assistance and training. KCBS shall pay the Rep fees from the contest to the trainer/mentor and shall further pay all travel and lodging expenses. The motion was seconded by Carol Whitebook. Thanks

We oughta head to Memphis in early February and get to the bottom of this :twisted:

Please explain a couple of things to me why do the quick notes indicate a unanimous vote but the roll call indicates different?

Vote: 10 yes, 0 no, 0 abstentionsVote:
Roll call requested.
Mike Budai Yes
Gene Goycochea Yes
Don Harwell No
Paul Kirk, Yes
Wayne Lohman, No
Linda Mullane Yes
Steve Ownby, No
Tana Shupe Abstain
, Carol Whitebook No
Merl Whitebook Yes
5 yes, 4 no, 1 abstention

I had to read that twice. You need to read the sentence before...

After discussion, Steve Ownby called for the vote. The motion was seconded by Merl Whitebook.
Vote: 10 yes, 0 no, 0 abstentions
I believe the first (unanimous) vote was a vote on the call for the vote. The second (roll call 5-4-1) vote was the vote on the motion (Paul Kirk made a motion to accept...)

Back