Potato Bombs

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Let's talk potato bombs!

I'm volunteering at a BBQ contest this weekend. It's always frustrating when I'm helping instead of competing or judging. You don't want to mooch off friends and you don't have food to share with others.

The other volunteers and I decided that we are going to make a bunch of food for us and treat it sort of like a tailgate event.

Amongst other stuff, I'm going to make Potato Bombs. What are your favorite fillings? I was going to do a chicken cordon bleu w/ chicken, ham, swiss cheese, I was going to do another with chili and cheese and a third with sweet potatoes, peanut butter and jelly.

Any other recommendations?

Eric

I have never made them, but, it does seem like bacon, jack and scallion would be good

I might have to gouge out some more potato to make more room for the good stuff. I have never made them but I would probably go with some cooked sausage, pepper jack and some kind of roasted chile. A Poblano or a Pasilla

jalapeno and cream cheese . . . might as well throw some bacon on there too.

I might have to gouge out some more potato to make more room for the good stuff. I have never made them but I would probably go with some cooked sausage, pepper jack and some kind of roasted chile. A Poblano or a Pasilla

This. With bacon.

I just skimmed through the video to the end to see what they were. Is there any real benefit to cooking them on the smoker/grill? It looked like they were wrapped in foil the whole time. I am sure they are fantastic, just wondering if there is a point to cooking them on a smoker.

I just skimmed through the video to the end to see what they were. Is there any real benefit to cooking them on the smoker/grill? It looked like they were wrapped in foil the whole time. I am sure they are fantastic, just wondering if there is a point to cooking them on a smoker.

I plan on unwrapping them and finishing them naked on indirect heat, but the simple answer is that I'm going to have a grill and smoker at the competition and I won't have an oven.

Eric

I would smoke the potatoes for 30-45 minutes about 250 or so. Then pull them, core them and stuff them as per the instructions. Foil them and cook as directed. The potatoes may be slightly overdone but they will have a wonderful smokey goodness that I just love when taters get a little smoke!

Yep, I tried a few variations of these, not bad, have never done them again, family didn't go gaga either. I used some variations with sausage, cheese and onions, some turkey and cheese, and a couple others I don't recall now. Not sayin' they weren't good, but for me, more work than they were worth.

KC

Back