Brisket rub recommendations???

I used this rub last weekend and it turned out really good. This makes enough for like 4 or 5 briskets but you can cut it down. I used this rub the night before. Then right before i put it on i use some more black pepper.

Rub
1/3 cup garlic powder
1 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
2 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup ground cinnamon
2 cup ground coffee (espresso grind)
2 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup ground black pepper

All I ever use 50/50 mix Kosher salt/16 mesh Black pepper if you want to get funky with it do a cup & a cup and add 1 bottle Ms Dash Lemon pepper.

I like the idea of adding Lemon Pepper to it. I will have to try that next time.

Your main ingredient is salt and how much depends on your taste.
Start with 3/4 tsp morton's kosher salt per pound (1 part) add an equal amount of coarse black pepper. 1/2 part paprika. Then add granulated garlic and cumin to taste.
I also add about 1/16 part Msg. It is easier to reproduce if your final measurements are by grams. (You can back into the salt and pepper measurements).

Peppered Cow, Super Secret Steak Rub, Cow Cover...not necessarily in that order...lol! :sly:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I go with the salt/pepper and do a light dusting of garlic powder as well as a very light dusting of cumin.

Though, as everybody said, can't really go wrong with S&P.

My briskets usually have a layer of fat... to oil would be redundant. I add some garlic powder to the salt and pepper.

I done a brisket flat a cpl weeks ago and upon opening my spice cabinet i realized i was running low on everything. I had a shaker of Montreal steak seasoning from McCormick so in a pinch thats what i used, when i pulled it to wrap and rest i sprinkled it lightly with brown sugar and it was pretty tasty!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I love the dirty dalmatian rub(kosher salt, course pepper, and Mrs Dash lemon pepper) o what a wonderful world....

Back