• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Thank you for the snake method

okiej

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Until coming here I had never heard of the minion method or the snake or any of that. I just tended the fire constantly. Tonight it's cold/38f outside and I wanted to smoke anyway. I didn't want to fire up the smoker and waste a bunch of coals for 4 thighs.so I used my grill. I lined up the charcoal on one side with some hickory scattered along the top. Then I lit the coals on one end and placed my chicken on the other side of the grill with my et732 installed. I could not believe that I kept a constant temp around 275 and blue smoke for 2 hours and never added a coal or a wood chunk. I just set inside and watched the temp. There is so much to learn here it just blows me away. Thank you Brethren.

Last edited:
Nice grub, ridiculous temperatures.

I learn stuff here all the time

Until coming here I had never heard of the minion method or the snake or any of that. I just tended the fire constantly. Tonight it's cold/38f outside and I wanted to smoke anyway. I didn't want to fire up the smoker and waste a bunch of coals for 4 thighs.so I used my grill. I lined up the charcoal on one side with some hickory scattered along the top. Then I lit the coals on one end and placed my chicken on the other side of the grill with my et732 installed. I could not believe that I kept a constant temp around 275 and blue smoke for 2 hours and never added a coal or a wood chunk. I just set inside and watched the temp. There is so much to learn here it just blows me away. Thank you Brethren.

My mom had those plates....may still. lol

My wife loves the grilled pineapple. It was for her. It goes great with chicken!

Nice cook. I haven't tried the snake method on my kettle but I want to try it just for fun. :-D

Back