• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sunday Ribs

L

LeafMan66_67

Beef Ribs on the WSM ...

It was a busy weekend! I bought the rack of ribs from the local supermarket discount bin a month or so ago and had them in the freezer.

Thawed overnight, they were ready to roll the next day around noon. With little time for prep, I removed the membrane and rubbed with a bit of Montreal Steak Spice. For the fire, I used Basque hardwood lump, with three hockey puck sized chunks of hickory for smoke. The WSM settled in nicely between 250 and 280 for the afternoon with no fussing around with it - just the occasional yell by my 10 year old to let me know what temperature the WSM was holding. At the 3.5 hour mark, some russets joined the party in the smoker. After 5 hours, the meaty portions or ribs probed just like butter - tender, juicy, with just the right amount of bark. No sauce, no basting - just meat. The potatoes were also fork tender with just a hint of smoke, served with butter and a bit of tzatziki.

The meal didn't last long. Between the three of us, the rack of ribs disappeared as well as the potatoes. Definitely a treat of a meal.
Thanks for looking!

Rubbed with Montreal Steak Spice
IMG_5069.JPG

Pulling away from the Bone
IMG_5072.JPG

Served with smoked, baked potatoes
IMG_5087.JPG

Those look great. I have yet to try smoking beef ribs, but those pics make me want to go buy some.

Sounds easy peasy - look absolutely incredible.

Hope they tasted as great as they look.

Great looking ribs! Beefs are my favorite, yours look perfect!!

They look Great. Professional looking photography there.

Beef Ribs on the WSM ...

It was a busy weekend! I bought the rack of ribs from the local supermarket discount bin a month or so ago and had them in the freezer.

Thawed overnight, they were ready to roll the next day around noon. With little time for prep, I removed the membrane and rubbed with a bit of Montreal Steak Spice. For the fire, I used Basque hardwood lump, with three hockey puck sized chunks of hickory for smoke. The WSM settled in nicely between 250 and 280 for the afternoon with no fussing around with it - just the occasional yell by my 10 year old to let me know what temperature the WSM was holding. At the 3.5 hour mark, some russets joined the party in the smoker. After 5 hours, the meaty portions or ribs probed just like butter - tender, juicy, with just the right amount of bark. No sauce, no basting - just meat. The potatoes were also fork tender with just a hint of smoke, served with butter and a bit of tzatziki.

The meal didn't last long. Between the three of us, the rack of ribs disappeared as well as the potatoes. Definitely a treat of a meal.
Thanks for looking!

Rubbed with Montreal Steak Spice
IMG_5069.JPG

Pulling away from the Bone
IMG_5072.JPG

Served with smoked, baked potatoes
IMG_5087.JPG

yeah...you're Canadian, all right :laugh:

oh, and the ribs look great!

Those do look great,i have done some Beef Ribs on my WSM and if you do i HIGHLY advise anyone else to make sure to take off the membrane...its IMO worse on beef than a pork rib. Think im gonna smoke something this sunday...

Back