Brisket Fer Thanksgiving Question

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I got me some brisket vac sealed in the freezer (a whole one sliced I cooked weekend before last and several more 1 lb packs) and am gonna serve them along with all the traditional fare for thanksgiving. I keep tossing the idea back and forth that I might come up with some sauce that would go with that brisket that would make it more in line with non-bbq brisket and more like just some good beef, but then I hate to take the bbq out of this stuff cause it's dam good. What would you do?

People pay me to smoke briskets for thanksgiving and christmas. Let the meat stand as it is.

If you get Chile Pepper Magazine, there is a recipe for Hanukkah Brisket in the most recent issue. It's done in a crock pot with a spicy cranberry sauce. You might want to use the sauce as a base for a glaze. I plan to make it later this week with a flat I got by mistake.

Make Pastrami

Sliced thin Pastrami and Turkey Open faced Sandwiches with a heaping mound of of cinnamon glazed sweet potatoe fries.

Dan

my family liked brisket just as it was the last few years. for a break, I think I will cook something else though.

Back