View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #17
Diva
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionQuest220 View Post
Garry, I certainly respect your opinion but I think that as it pertains to tracking of proclamations and Grand Championships, I think your closing comment is awfully broad. Here's why...

Not every Head Cook that has ever won a KCBS sanctioned contest is also a KCBS Member. Many of us are but not all of us. Should KCBS "serve its members" by only reporting the GCs of paying members? That would certainly be a fair and reasonable thing to do and I wouldn't mind if KCBS took that position and marketed it as a Members Only benefit. It seems to me that we paying Members have been subsidizing this "benefit" for a lot of Non-Members over the years.

Look, I know this is splitting hairs but at what point does KCBS decide to take care of those of us who do pay dues and let those who do not fend for themselves? If they are going to report for all GCs, why not include all teams in the ToY race? Same logic if you ask me. Being in ToY is a benefit of Membership.
You're right, not every head cook is a member. When I was employed @ KCBS and was told to keep track of GC's of State Championships and the winner of a qualifying contest wasn't a member, I would email the organizer of said contest and get the winners information. In MY mind, that was doing a service for the paying contest organizer. The majority of the time, said winner would become a member when I would call them to verify their mailing address, etc.

I guess I'm "old school". If it only took a couple of minutes, what did it matter?? That $35 or $40 that I pay a year doesn't give me a sense of "entitlement".

FWIW, KCBS contest GC's weren't the only sanctioning body GC's I had to have on that spreadsheet before it was handed over to the Royal and the Jack. Now THAT, I would consider "subsidizing".

www.TheSlabs.com
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->