Spicewine's TEAM Q heads for Warsaw

Great Job Jay and congrats.

spicewine said:
The Reps told me that these were some of the lowest scores that they have ever seen

A few weeks ago I went to sugar creek to be a certified kcbs Judge. Bunny Tuttle was the rep that taught us. She told us that the rules had changed on scoring and that we were to start at 6 and judge up or down from there. The old way was to start at 9 and score down. She also said that there would now be lower scores because of the lower starting point. She said that kcbs had come to the conclusion that there were too many 8s and 9s . This might be some of the reason for the lower scores.

Just a thought!!
Skip

spicewine said:
Sorry Jeff--BRAIN FART MOD.--And your right, I haven't had a clear head since I stopped drinking beer. I would really like to see you compete!! You are welcome in our camp any time. Did I mention we needed a Pit Bitch? :lol: Just wait untill the Boone County Fair---I will have beer in hand and will be at 100%.

LOL! It's amazing how much we depend on beer! As for your "pitbitch" suggestion, I think it was pretty much summed up when it was said Spicewine pits don't need a pitbitch! That was one of the most impressive farkin' pits I've EVER seen! I only wish I could have seen the smokin glowin skull! LOL! Don't know what the rules allow but any time I'm able to visit a contest, count me in for assisting in whatever way I can. I just appreciate your hospitality yesterday and the chance to watch and learn. Next time, I'll try to bring along a slab on my ribs for you to sample and give me some feedback. Or maybe not... didn't I see on one of those contest BBQ shows that no cooked meat is allowed to be brought into the cooking areas? Maybe I'm dreaming that...

Awsome Turn out Spice. Congrats. I am Glad the Brothers pulled it togeather. Next time on the chicken, no problem.

that the rules had changed on scoring and that we were to start at 6 and judge up or down from there. The old way was to start at 9 and score down.

No Skip, you don't understand. When I say LOW scores I mean they were really LOW on every ones samples sent to that table. This really hurts the overall score and may put you out of the Grand Champ spot. The KCBS Reps knew this and tried to interveen but to no avail. Not making excuses but thats what you get when you inlist amature judges.

As for Pitbitch---There are plenty of cleaning duties in the pit area--Dishes, cleaning tables handing out beers ect. ---But I guess that would be beer bitch.

Bringing cooked ribs to the pit area from the outside would disqualify us. Please bring them and we will show you which team to take them to and knock them out of the competition.

Trojan Rib Mod.

Bringing cooked ribs to the pit area from the outside would disqualify us. Please bring them and we will show you which team to take them to and knock them out of the competition.

Trojan Rib Mod.

Now that's funny

Congrats to you and your team.

BBQchef33 said:
How about "meatbitch". :twisted:
Isn't that the same as 'prisonbitch'? :shock: :twisted:

9th in chicken
12th in ribs
4th in pork butt
3rd in brisket
Maybe you didn't like the chicken entry but this is a good showing. Congrats, Jay!

Ditto on the congrats.

Will also volunteer my services as beerbitch or food taster. :lol:

spicewine said:
that the rules had changed on scoring and that we were to start at 6 and judge up or down from there. The old way was to start at 9 and score down.

No Skip, you don't understand. When I say LOW scores I mean they were really LOW on every ones samples sent to that table. This really hurts the overall score and may put you out of the Grand Champ spot. The KCBS Reps knew this and tried to interveen but to no avail. Not making excuses but thats what you get when you inlist amature judges.

Do I need to get on my throw out the extreme scores soapbox again?

Jay,

Awesome brother! You've made us proud!
Where to next???
Went over to Fulton this Saturday with Kick and pestered the Muddy River Boys, and Jamie and Norton. Always a good time with a beer and the smoke. Don't worry I drank one for you!

What I was amazed about was the 12th place on the ribs. I had sample or two of the ribs Jay and the boys turned in and if there were 11 ribs better than those, I'll eat a hunk of hickory! Obviously amateur judges!

Back