My Father's Day Cook - Blue Crabs!

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
My father's day went great! I cooked a bushel of crabs!

picture.php

I made up a seasoning of equal amounts of Old Bay, black pepper, and salt. Then, layered it on the crabs.

picture.php

Here is the first round. I served them with ACV. I like mine without the ACV but my kids like to dip the crab meat in it.

picture.php

My kids gave me an iPad which I am quickly learning to love. My wife gave me a new 7 speed bike with a seat that is very compatible with my old man butt. :laugh:

picture.php

Over all, a great day having all the kids at home and enjoying a delicious bushel of fresh blue crabs. That's the great thing about cooking and eating crabs. They are the ultimate social food. You can't eat them fast and you really get to converse and interact with everyone at the table.

Thanks for looking!

ACV = Apple Cider Vinegar??

I'm allergic to seafood, so I'm obviously out of the loop, but I've never heard of anyone eating crab like that.

I will say it looks delicious. Sometimes I want to eat it so bad I wonder if I could justify a visit to the ER:crazy:

Oh well, I guess I will never know what I'm missing out on. Happy fathers day and enjoy the Ipad!

We almost had the exact same day.

I watched a bunch of reruns of the "Deadliest Catch" where they caught Blue Crabs, and you got to eat a bunch of Blue Crabs with your family.:tsk:

Seriously, that looked awesome.

Here is an in progress pic. This is the SS pot that I got from my Dad. We have cooked crabs in this pot as far back as I can remember, which is a long time. I remember when my Dad could by a bushel of crabs for $6.00. That's a long time ago. This bushel cost about 10 times as much as that. We live near the Rappahannock and tributaries of the Potomac and Chesapeake Bay and crabbing is very popular in the area that I live in.

picture.php

Wow those pics bring back some fond memories of my youth and look great BTW. I grew up in south NJ and my grandpa and I used to boil up bushels of blue claws for my mom and grandmother once a month. They would sit there until midnight sometimes tearing into them and there would be a huge bowl in the center of the table with enough meat to feed a small army when they were done. It never went to waste as my grandma was a chef and had a ton of different meals she would make with it.

Glad you had a great fathers day, thanks for sharing.

I don't think I even knew what a bushel of crabs looked like until I saw this thread. Looks reeeaaallll good from over here. Can you tell us more about how you ooked the crabs? I have all the necessary equipment, but don't think I could make em look as good as you did!

Back