View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 12:43 AM   #431
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
So, does this mean that at a sanctioned 4-meat competition, a single (KCBS sanctioned) meat contest could be held independently of the 4-meat competition? And I'm guessing the 4-meat competitors could also enter the 1-meat competition alongside a group of 1-meat competitors?
They passed it as a companion only in conjunction with a 4 meat contest for the trial period. My hope is that they will allow single meat stand alone events in the near future. They are not meant to run concurrently. At my event (the pilot), rib only turn in is Saturday night, KCBS 4 meat is Sunday.

This should significantly lower the barrier to entry for both competitors and organizers. My event will have a $135 entry fee and an $8,000-$10,000 prize purse... for one category. Grab $60 of ribs, toss a table and a drum in the back of the pickup, turn-in a rib box, grab your money and go home. Hell, toss in 2 cookers and carpool with your friend. Your investment as a cook is next to nothing and you’re competing at the highest level. An organizer doesn’t need to worry about acres of space, generators, tent cities, etc... it’s a win win that will fuel a growth spurt.

The only thing I asked is that they change the organization’s name to “BBS” or “Brad’s BBQ Society”. I didn’t see how that vote turned out. I’m sure it passed in closed session.

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->