KCBS Involvement

I just googled 2019 KCBS rules and the second hit was a PDF file, guess that would be too much work for someone?

Not at all. More of a principle stance I guess. Why would a struggling organization not do everything possible to get rules/getting started information in front of as many faces as possible...with 0 effort or confusion. There should be a big free banner on kcbs home of the rules and how to get started.

If the $40 KCBS membership is what's holding you back then you should probably not consider entering competition BBQ. I see it as similar to a hunting/fishing license. My money is going to a good cause.

Board of Directors Nomination period have been announced. Anyone know who's terms are up?

Board of Directors Nomination period have been announced. Anyone know who's terms are up?

Not sure who is up for eviction, but it is good to see a couple very highly qualified guys running for a position. Brad Leighninger and Tom McIntosh of Gettin Basted and T-Mac Smokin are both running and would be great assets for the KCBS Board.

Throw Chiles from Wolf's Revenge in that mix and you got a good group of potential board members.

Throw Chiles from Wolf's Revenge in that mix and you got a good group of potential board members.

The only thing, imo, that would keep those all those guys out would be if there is a push for not as many cooks on the board. I don't know TMac, but the other two would be huge assets for sure.

" engaging in transactions with insiders and other forms of conflicts of interest only if it provides clear advantages to the organization not otherwise available and then only if the IRS’s safe harbor procedures are followed;

introduction and enforcement of a code of conduct for all levels of the organization, including members and volunteers;"

These were the two that perked up my ears

" engaging in transactions with insiders and other forms of conflicts of interest only if it provides clear advantages to the organization not otherwise available and then only if the IRS’s safe harbor procedures are followed;

introduction and enforcement of a code of conduct for all levels of the organization, including members and volunteers;"

These were the two that perked up my ears

I've been given advanced warning that beginning in 2020 I have to start wearing pants in the tent

help-help-im.jpg

Some of it is interesting, some of it is ambiguous. What isn't ambiguous is that the CEO appears to want to run it like a business. I approve!

So only 11% of voters voted on the motion to sell the building. It seems like there was more urging people to vote this time than in previous elections I've seen. Is there that few members that care? I know we're never going to get 100%, or hell - even 50%, but how is it that so few people care to vote in these matters?

So only 11% of voters voted on the motion to sell the building. It seems like there was more urging people to vote this time than in previous elections I've seen. Is there that few members that care? I know we're never going to get 100%, or hell - even 50%, but how is it that so few people care to vote in these matters?

I voted, but to be honest, would the outcome of selling the building change if nobody voted? I think the outcome was a foregone conclusion, and the majority of opinion was for it, so I imagine most people felt, why take the time to vote?

I voted, but to be honest, would the outcome of selling the building change if nobody voted? I think the outcome was a foregone conclusion, and the majority of opinion was for it, so I imagine most people felt, why take the time to vote?

Based on the KCBS news brief "Missouri Law requires at least 10% of the eligible members to participate in the election of which 2/3 of the ballots cast must be in favor for the measure to pass." I too wonder what would have happened is less than 10% would have voted. I suspect the measure would considered failed and they wouldn't be able to sell the building. Maybe someone smarter can chime in?

Time for all of us to start doing our homework, and decide which of the 2020 Board Nominees will be the most beneficial to the KCBS

https://www.kcbs.us/board_nominees.php

At this time, I am a "definite yes" on 2 new candidates (Cridlin and Wagner), "leaning yes" on an incumbent (Berry), and weighing the merits of a few others for a possible 4th vote.

Back