Chile Relleno Breakfast Pie with Bacon Crust

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I’ve made this before and it was delicious. This time I decided to try doing a single bacon weave as the crust and add an additional bacon weave on the top. Here are most of the ingredients.

Greased up my CI pie pan with some Crisco.

Did my crust weave in it. (Not my best work. I should’ve done this on the glass pie dish, like last time, but since the crust won’t show this was no biggy)

Now I placed the glass dish in the CI dish to try to control shrinkage and keep its shape.

Now place it upside down on the kamado to let the bacon grease drain. I let it cook this way for 30 minutes.

While that was cooking I whipped up the egg, milk, sour cream and Bisquick

Once the bacon crust was cooled I placed in a layer of thinly sliced potato.

Now some slivered onion

and then the Hatch Chiles.

Now I added half the egg mixture and 1 cup of cheese.

I repeated this process and placed it on the kamado for 50 minutes at 300 degrees.

Here it is after 50 minutes.

Now I added a bacon weave on top of mostly already cooked bacon and cooked it an extra 10 minutes. (Didn’t want to deal with the shrinkage or the extra grease)

Here it is after the additional 10 minutes.

Close-up with flash.

Without flash.

Which one do you like better. (With flash or without flash)

Absolutely delicious.

Thanks for looking.

Wow. That's a thing of beauty.

I, too, am rather partial to the flashless photo.

Wow looks awesome, I like no flash, with the natural light it doesn't look dark to me, very nice color. Nothing wrong with the flash shot either. :wink:

If a Picture is Worth a 1,000 words, I will choose both flash and no flash.. Just Plain Killer:clap2:

Wow! Now that's a pie for anytime of day. Outstanding job and thanks for sharing the process. BTW I like the flash pic a bit better than the non flash

Back