• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Our First Walk - Hermann MO

nthole

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well, second competition and we got our first walk...and our second. Not in a KCBS category, but we walked 4th in Sauce competition just behind Jay (Spicewine/Team Q) and to our shock we took 1st in the Anything But competition with some sweet turds.

Unfortunately other than our 11th in pork (50 teams) we did pretty dismal. 20 something in chicken and we were in the bottom of the barrel in ribs and brisket. But we knew we had farked both those up. Put us in a disappointing 40th overall.

But still...minus the whole KCBS category we did pretty good. Guess we'll only have to go to non KCBS category comps from now on!

Had a blast at Hermann, great to see some faces again and meet some guys for the first time, Kick, Todd, Jay, the Belly Brothers to name a few. We had a great time and are looking forward to next season.

Good to meet you too Neil! Glad you was able to be set up next to the Walz' team. They are great people, that Marlie is a hoot! And they were cheering very loudly (as we all were) when they heard your team name "Pork Pistols" called.

I hear you brother, I am a new team and have 2 walks out of 4 comps!! keep the spirits up and maybe you (and I) will take the grand walk!! GREAT JOB, I would love to know...did you make your own sauce or did you play doctor??

Gratz on your walk!!!! Just keep tring. You will get there soon. Got a lot of help here.

We made our own sauce. Only problem was we forgot the base mix at home and we had to make it up on the spot. So we aren't exactly sure what we put in it! Figures. Oh and thanks York for the Worcestire!

Congrats on the success! A call is a call, no matter the category. Good luck figuring out what you put in the sauce:)!

Back