The new Backwoods Party has arrived.

twisterbret

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The new Backwoods Party arrived Monday. It's been a long 8 week wait. She was in perfect condition. I ran it at 400 for a few hours to burn off the machine oil/smell. The I seasoned it up with Peanut oil and ran it at 375 for 2 hours. Now she's golden yellow and waiting for some ribs. That's for tomorrow. Now I just need to find the right size casters.

524077452_wceJq-L.jpg
524077281_GWC7x-L.jpg

Congrats on the BW. Bob S has a nice set of casters for his Party. I'd recommend sending a PM for details.

You're gonna like your Party. I waiting to hear on a bid to put adjustable legs with rear wheels on mine. Getting to old to bend over to tend the fire.

I see you already have the oil change tray. When I had a Party, I preferred the dolly to the casters. Made it very easy to transport from the garage to the backyard even in soft ground or through landscaping rock. I'd then just put it down on 3 concrete blocks to raise it up a bit.

Solid cooker - enjoy

NIce cooker. Did you already get the Guru for it? I see the Inducer on the bottum.

Nice cooker. Did you already get the Guru for it? I see the Inducer on the bottom.

I bought it a few weeks back. Since it uses the same adaptor as the older version, I was able to use it on my WSM until the Party got here. The digital read out is great. The old one, I always found myself dialing it back from 225.

Congrats! You will love it. I notice you have a guru adapter already. I had a stoker with mine for a while, but honestly the party doesnt need it, and seems to run better without it. Truly set it and forget it for hours. I havent used a guru yet to know if they work better with bws, but I recommend at least learning the cooker without the guru assistance first.

That's one sweet looking machine you got there. Good luck and good queing. Don't forget the first food prons when they come out.

Congratulations.....! I picked my Party up last Thursday.
Enjoy....!

Good luck with your Party. Now show us some pron fron that cooker. I just love mine.

Back