View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 03:01 PM   #87
JohnH12
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker34 View Post
I said I was done, but I have to correct something. You should take a logic course. Your analysis of my statement is either an innocent distortion or outright deception.

Given all that I said on this topic, it should be very obvious, using only basic reading comprehension, that I don’t like the idea of grilling, barbecuing and lounging in front of my house. Proof is that I admitted learning about this practice years ago via internet media and if I liked or even understood the reasoning behind the idea, I would have done it myself. I also told you that even if I did it, my neighbors would complain. Being a neighbor to someone else in my neighborhood, it then follows that I would not like to see people grilling and lounging in a hammock in their front yard. I think it takes away from the aesthetics of the neighborhood and makes it more like a perpetual street festival. So it should come as no surprise that I wouldn’t want to see this in my neighborhood. Your comment says more about you and your own self-image to imply that my not liking this activity amounts to looking down on others.

Having said that, I simply did not and still do not understand, in most cases, why anyone would preferentially choose to grill, barbecue and lounge around in public. I have never seen it in person and would still hope nobody in my neighborhood takes it up.

Happy grilling and barbecuing.
So you're the kind of neighbor that turns in their fellow neighbor to the HOA because you don't like whatever they're doing, even if there are no rules against it. Do you also report them for not mowing their lawn on the correct day of the week? How about the color of their cars that offends you.
Please stay where you are so a normal neighborhood isn't plagued by your dislikes.

Thanks from: --->