Food Network's "Next Big Star" winner. Another "Suzy Home Maker" persona.

She's Rachel Ray 2.0. RR's contract is up this year and rumor is that she won't be renewing.

I auditioned Friday for the next season of NFNS. Probably won't make it but I made a hard sell for a real grilling and barbecue show.

Hope you make it! It'd be nice to see a show where you actually learn something instead of all the chit on their network. Except for Giada who I can mute the tv and enjoy the hell out of her show :twisted:

I wanted Melissa to win, specifically because she wasn't a "pro". That second place guy, and a few of the others, put me off with their "When I was travelling in *insert some place most of us could never afford to go* I learned about..."

I liked the idea that Melissa was jsut a Mom that worked her ass off and had to learn how to cook like a real person.

I personally am tired of the globe-trotting hoity-toits that usually win these things. Teach me to cook something I would want to eat, using ingredients I can find at my local grocery store, at a price I can afford...

I personally am tired of the globe-trotting hoity-toits that usually win these things.

Um, Mellisa was a senior manager for Disney and traveled extensively to all their theme parks all over the world; Her hubby is an executive for Microsoft. Don't let the struggling homemaker facade fool you.

Sandra Lee a homemaker? Please ... this charlatan breaks open boxes and cans, slathers things together that shouldn't even be combined, calls it delicious, and then has a nice drink in the end to get rid of the taste.

Um, Mellisa was a senior manager for Disney and traveled extensively to all their theme parks all over the world; Her hubby is an executive for Microsoft. Don't let the struggling homemaker facade fool you.

All they did was get a person that fits into a personality mold of people they already have on staff. I can tell you for a fact I won't watch a single episode of her show. I just don't go for the constant cheerleader face mannerisms mixed with what I perceive to be artificial, manufactured "bubbliness".

HAH! Me, too, but I wasn't gonna say it. I have a friend that watches Giada just for the cleavage. He's desperate.

Chuck

I must be desperate too then! LOL

BUT, my wife loves to cook (ya know, IN A KITCHEN instead of on the patio lol) and she loves Giada's recipes. Honestly, the best recipes she has made from the food network hosts are usually Giada's, Ina Garten's, Tyler Florence's, or Emeril's before he left.

Bingo. Unfortunate, but true. You could even see it in the promos for the finale. She 'puts on' this face... >puke<

Ain't no way her show last over one season. Just like the Neely's. That show is on death row. Too over the top, too manufactured persona's for staying power.

She is hot though for popping out 4 kids. I would in a heartbeat

This is going to SHOCK the Chit out of you all................but I wouldn't hit it. I can't get past that big, goofy, gummy, toothy smile..........it ruins it for me. Even with a paper or plastic bag mod.........I still know whats under there. :lol:

Funny thing was, the wife was watching this REALLy old episode of Hollywood Squares fromt he 80's. Guess who was a contestant and lost? She has not changed a bit except for the hairstyle and clothes.

This is going to SHOCK the Chit out of you all................but I wouldn't hit it. I can't get past that big, goofy, gummy, toothy smile..........it ruins it for me. Even with a paper or plastic bag mod.........I still know whats under there. :lol:

Funny thing was, the wife was watching this REALLy old episode of Hollywood Squares fromt he 80's. Guess who was a contestant and lost? She has not changed a bit except for the hairstyle and clothes.

I can't get past the artificial "bubbliness" and those dang constant "cheerleader expressions" with the snappy head movements up and down. Too fake for me.

Last edited:
Ain't no way her show last over one season. Just like the Neely's. That show is on death row. Too over the top, too manufactured persona's for staying power.
I hope your right....can't stand them how the hell they get a show anyway...the neelys her voice grates my nerves like finger nails on a blackboard..

I hope your right....can't stand them how the hell they get a show anyway...the neelys her voice grates my nerves like finger nails on a blackboard..

I was actually trying to give the show (The Neely's) a chance and sat down and watched a few episodes. I got road rage in my recliner and almost went and got my shotgun and shot the tv out. :twisted:

My wife LOVED her 4-step meal idea.

I felt she would win; she could relate to more households across America. I thought Jeffry was too confident. When he did his pilot and was talking up that spicy paste from Paris, I turned to my wife and said, "And now where in the fark am I supposed to go buy that around here?" I couldnt relate to him.

Wanna bet? After the last couple of fiascoes involving NFNS shows, I'll bet FN pumps this show and her more than they did Gary Ferry.

My wife LOVED her 4-step meal idea.

I felt she would win; she could relate to more households across America. I thought Jeffry was too confident. When he did his pilot and was talking up that spicy paste from Paris, I turned to my wife and said, "And now where in the fark am I supposed to go buy that around here?" I couldnt relate to him.

Between the two they had to pick from they did pick the right one. But she's nothing more than what they already have. Cut from the same mold, and she is basically doing what is already being done now. Inexpensive, "easy", "quick" cooking for the working woman. How many shows do they need catering to the working mom or wife?

Like I said. It's nothing more than the general motors approach to cooking shows. Have a lot of different named cars that look awfully similar to each other.

fn puts me to sleep, one big yawn. only ddd holds my attention.

... breaks open boxes and cans, slathers things together...

I hate these type of shows/hosts. Nothing wrong with using the box stuff, but if you want a recipe using them they're on the side of the box or the food company website. I don't want to watch this or buy a book with it.

I too saw Melissa winning based on the current trend of FN. I liked both. For being self taught, Melissa does have a good handle on cooking fundamentals. Maybe learned from the old food network? Regardless, under pressure she still remembered the fundamentals.

I'd be content for hours just watching a digital camera/sound of a restaurant camera.:rolleyes:

Back