favorite OTC rubs ?

Richard_

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Over The Counter , I have tried a few over the years , my favorite now is Obiecue , I.m not affiliated with them , and have nothing to gain , just saying they have some awesome rubs and seasonings , so what do you guys like ? post up your links

Last edited:
Simply Marvelous, Big Poppas Smokers Money, Plowboys, and Slap Yo Daddy chicken rub come to mind.

I use all kinds, I can go to the local BBQ shop in Livermore and pickup many rubs. I do like and use these brands a lot.

Simply Marvelous
The Rub Company
Dizzy Pig
Smokin' Guns

I have ready to try:
Ted and Barneys

I like the Weber "KC style" rub and (I'll be THAT guy) Famous Dave's Rib Rub. Both go good on just about any pork or chicken and are available at my local grocery store. Another favorite is Tony Chaceeereee's (ha!) Creole seasoning. Goes well with just about anything.

Local availability is a big factor for the products I use so I tend to steer away from the "special order" rubs and sauces.

I'll go ahead and throw the OTC sauces in too..

Weber Original and Buzzin' Honey
Stubb's brand sauces
Maull's BBQ sauces (STL staple)
Blues Hog original (if/when I can find it)

That about covers the bases aside from Sweet Baby Ray's which sits right next to the ketchup and mustard in the fridge.

Purchased the Dizzy Pig sampler pack last week. Have tried most and they are all good but I really love the "Raising the Steaks" for ribeyes and strips. The "Raging River" is awesome on salmon. Just ordered four more bottles from them tonight.

The Plowboys Yardbird is also an excellent choice.

I had made my own rubs for many many years. They were good and the food was great.

I recently Purchased Simply Marvelous Apple Rub. I did not know what i was missing.

I would suggest Simply Marvelous for any newcomer to OTC Rubs.

Another good choice is OakRidge BBQ They offer sample packages as well.

Back