Carolina Vinegar Sauce appreciation thread...What's your favorite recipe? Product?

Surprised no one suggested Blues Hog Tennessee Red
A great change from the sweet tomato based sauces.

31gC9n8spKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Here's what I use for pulled pork

2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 small onion thinly sliced
3 jalapenos thinly sliced
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon black pepper

I like to let it refrigerate over night for use the next day.

Mine changes a little every time, but I keep it very simple so the meat can do the talking. The vinegar sauce just gives it a little zing, a little spice, and some moisture. I like the idea of balsalmic vinegar though, I'll have to add some next weekend in place of extra sugar.

My recipe usually consists of some combination of apple cider vinegar, ketchup, salt, brown sugar, and crushed red pepper flakes. I usually start with a 1:1 vinegar:cider ratio then taste test and work from there.

All of these variations look great! I use all or most all for "back home" E. Cackalacky sauce other than the additon of a descent white wine and bay leaf. Hard to beat any vinegar clear sauce if you like the acid.

N.C vinegar base bbq sauce. To 24 oz. of water add sugar til sweet . Next 8 oz. vinegar(apple cider) and hot pepper seeds to taste. Last a little catsup for color.Optional: Mom would add liquid smoke when she could get it.Great on chopped bqq or pulled pork.

My favorite is taking a quart size jar and adding a chopped red onion, 2 to 4 cloves of garlic (depending on size), a sliced roasted red pepper, 2 to 3 anchovies, 3 to 4 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tsp each of red pepper flakes, cayenne and black pepper. Then fill the jar with some good quality apple cider vinegar (like Braggs) and add salt to taste. Let this mingle in the fridge for a day or two and then remove the solids. Pour the rest into some plastic squeeze bottles to squirt onto your sammiches, or to squirt into your mouth on occasion.

My favorite is taking a quart size jar and adding a chopped red onion, 2 to 4 cloves of garlic (depending on size), a sliced roasted red pepper, 2 to 3 anchovies, 3 to 4 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tsp each of red pepper flakes, cayenne and black pepper. Then fill the jar with some good quality apple cider vinegar (like Braggs) and add salt to taste. Let this mingle in the fridge for a day or two and then remove the solids. Pour the rest into some plastic squeeze bottles to squirt onto your sammiches, or to squirt into your mouth on occasion.

My god that sounds amazing...I might do this tonight in a mason jar...thanks!

Back