cl score

promad

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I got a nearly new wsm 22.5 for 150.00 :mrgreen::mrgreen: was looking for a 18.5 but it had already sold , since I already have a 22.5 would you keep it or try to resell or trade for a 18.5 ?

Keep it! You never know when you will need the extra space..

my 18.5 suited me well for about a year. It is still great but I need another or a 22. Keep the 22. you will be happy with it.

I'd keep it, since you already have one, you've doubled your capacity. If you decide to go with a smaller one, I'd sell your unused 22.5 and look for a 18.5 to buy before I'd trade a smaller for a larger.

I never of someone wishing they could go down in size......:shock:

well I was just thinking 18.5 for smaller cooks maybe use less fuel and you know have one of each , lol

For smaller cooks, some guys use the 18" unit's charcoal ring in the 22" to save some fuel.

I have done the smaller ring in the 22.5" many times (I still miss my WSM). It will save you some fuel. It is not quite as efficient as running an 18.5" though (and will still get plenty hot). It is great for 4-8 hour cooks.

The fuel thing is why an 18 is better for me.
If I had a 22 I would only use it once a month.

Hmmm... Maybe part the second one out, but keep the bowl and ring. Buy a replacement 18" ring. Now you have two bowls and can change to the smaller ring for smaller cooks.

I heard of someone using the second bowl for a really long cook. Just pick up the middle of the running smoker and put it on top of the new coals in the other bowl.

Wow, I am sure they explained that better than I did.

Back