* More strange things found in charcoal*

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just yesterday we got lucky when this beauty came rolling out the bag, missed the cooker and fell in the grass.

What strange things... errrrr bonus prises have you guys been given?

28ti4ac.jpg

If you are finding strange things like this in your charcoal...that you can see.
I wonder if there might be smaller things in there; that are to small to see,
and may be contaminating your food.

Just a thought.

Always is and always will be sadly.

I use lump for the most part and have found some nice prizes in there too but nothing like pictures some folks have posted pictures of.

Hey, I wanna see all those pictures again. :cool:

I had a patch of insulation (looked like a burnt up wig) fall out of a bag of R/O once. I posted the thread about it here, but from an other computer... Ended up being a well commented on thread, lots of folks had lots of similar experiences...

Can't remember the name so I'll have to go look at the bog. It's not any of the top name brands though.

That may explain why some burnt ends I had recently, had a plasticy undertaste to them. :shock::shock::shock: Gross!

Guys, that is specially engineered to keep the bqs from fallin thru the grates so they cook longer...

I see nothing wrong with that..........the zip tie is there so you can attach the briquette to the coal grate!:-D

lol I still have it so I may give it a try. Wonder it I get better temp control?

Guys,,My son used to work for a Tree Removal place in Florida, He worked in the yard where they ground up trees and branches into wood chips, these chips were then sold to Kingturd to be added to briquettes. he said that it was hard to pay attention to what went into the Big grinder besides trees...

I worked in a plywood mill in Springfield Oregon. When we got loaded down with wet/poor hog fuel for the boilers we would off load it to the the Kingsford plant on the other side of town. I know what was in some of that suff.

Back