THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just BS

is one Smokin' Farker
I modded my UDS with an exhaust pipe that ended up leaking after the last rain storm and when I went to use it on Super Bowl Sunday there was 2" of water inside and my charcoal was ruined.

So I ran down to the store to grab some more and stumbled across B&B 100% lump oak charcoal. I've never heard of it, but got 3 racks of St Louis on them right now....I'll let you know how it goes and my thoughts.

It's good stuff brotha, you should like it ribs too:thumbup: the 20# bags have nice big chunks in them.

Sent from my SGH-T999

That's my go-to lump. It started showing up at Pavilions a few months back. Where are you getting yours?

I really like that stuff - it'll spark, but I'm more concerned with how it cooks, which is great.

It's good stuff brotha, you should like it ribs too:thumbup: the 20# bags have nice big chunks in them.

Sent from my SGH-T999

+1. The 20lb bags do have big chunks and its pretty good for a reasonable price. Try and get the bags which are on a pallet - less handling means more intact bigger pieces. Lump is like glass - needs a bit of careful handling.

Sounding good.

I wasn't pleased at all with the bag of Royal Oak (red bag) that I bought at Walmart in an "emergency" situation the other day. I noticed that they had the B&B stuff, too.

I'll give it shot.

B&B is my go to lump also. I couldn't find Royal Oak (USA) a couple of years ago, and bought a bag of B&B at Academy Sports.........long burn, hot, and very consistent.

That's my go-to lump. It started showing up at Pavilions a few months back. Where are you getting yours?

Wal Mart of all places, but I needed some gun cleaner and decided to look while I was there. They also had bricks of Velveta, so I made some Mac n Cheese too.

You're all right on the money. Loved the smell of the smoke. It cooked about 25* hotter in my UDS than with the Kingsford briquets that I usually use (along with chunks of whatever wood I have/can find ~ just finished up a batch of hickory). After 3 hrs @ 300* I slathered w/sauce and gated down my intake to 225ish. Only was gonna do another hour, but ended up in the jacuzzi with the GF, so they went two hours and I over cooked 'em a bit. The small parts were dried out, but the thick ribs were still juicey with great flavor. I am sold!

Attachments

• mac n ribs.jpg
    mac n ribs.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I've used probably 10 20# bags and just got my first couple chunks of concrete. Pretty good considering what I got out of royals oak.

Back