How to serve these warm?

M

Marsha

Just got a request from the airshow where we are vending in a couple of weeks to also provide some appetizers for their party for the volunteers on Saturday night. They want pulled pork and tri-tip sliders, plus Moink Balls. I just realized... how do we serve the sliders and keep them warm? Do I put them in layers in a chafing dish, or... ?

BTW, gotta love the attention the Moink Balls are getting from folks :grin:

Marsha,

Not sure how to keep the slider warm. Perhaps in a chafer. I use pre-sliced rolls and place X amount on a platter at a time.

You might want to cook them medium rare and put plenty of liquid in the pans. Then heat them up for the finish line. They should stay moist...

Let us know what you end up doing. I might need to know what works too for in the future.

Sorry to sound stupid, but how would you prepare several of the moink balls for a catering. I am looking for something a little different.

MOINK balls are simply store bought meatballs wrapped with store bought bacon. They are the simplest finger food that can be BBQed. Just wrap the meatballs with bacon---some folks stick with a toothpick to secure bacon to meatball. Then put wrapped meatballs in smoker--near end of cooking time brush on sauce of your choice. You can make 5 or you can make 500--depends on how many you wanna wrap and how many your smoker will hold.

I just realized... how do we serve the sliders and keep them warm? Do I put them in layers in a chafing dish, or... ?

Put the meat in chafing dishes, pre slice the rols almost all the way thru and let them make thier own sliders.

MOINK balls are simply store bought meatballs wrapped with store bought bacon. They are the simplest finger food that can be BBQed. Just wrap the meatballs with bacon---some folks stick with a toothpick to secure bacon to meatball. Then put wrapped meatballs in smoker--near end of cooking time brush on sauce of your choice. You can make 5 or you can make 500--depends on how many you wanna wrap and how many your smoker will hold.

You do not want to make 500 MOINK balls. Take it from someone who knows.

Put the meat in chafing dishes, pre slice the rols almost all the way thru and let them make thier own sliders.
I agree with brother Mista...

You do not want to make 500 MOINK balls. Take it from someone who knows.
Tell me about it... Just got done preping 30 dozen mini ABT's....

Back