Splitting the comp forum ?? Feedback requested.

How do we want to split the Competition forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Darned nice of you guys to ask. It doesn't really matter to me. I primarily browse new posts, anyway. The only point of my post was to thank you for considering the opinions of the membership. VOTE PHIL '09

I think splitting it up may be ok. I like to be able to find the comps and who did what and generally they get into different posts and are a little hard to keep up with. Having them in one space could make that easier, and if or when my canopy breaks I would not have to wade thru that to start the fight over whose is better these days. Sign me up.

I voted for leaving it alone. There aren't that many posts that it's so difficult to find what you need.

But I'll visit 'em both if you split 'em, so whatever will work.

I voted for leaving it alone. There aren't that many posts that it's so difficult to find what you need.

But I'll visit 'em both if you split 'em, so whatever will work.

I agree. Do whatever the consensus is, but compared to other sections, there's not that much to wade through here. And although some may get annoyed by another "rate my turn-in" or "what's the best canopy" thread, those are what many of us have refined our own comp skills from.

Would dividing them up keep season vets from venturing in to lend advice or a pat on the back?

Again, just my take on it for whatever it's worth.

I like Poobah's idea for two subforums. Sometimes there are some good threads lost between all of the Comp Announcements and Roll Calls.

I think Neil hit it right - there aren't that many threads in the comp header to keep up with. If you guys find it easier, I'll read both, but my vote is to leave it alone. ...........stan

And although some may get annoyed by another "rate my turn-in" or "what's the best canopy" thread, those are what many of us have refined our own comp skills from.

I know I have asked my share of comp questions and my first comp was a sucess instead of a train wreck because of the help and advice I recieved from The Brothers.

Would dividing them up keep season vets from venturing in to lend advice or a pat on the back?

Valid point.
Promoting and teaching BBQ is what The Brethren are about.
It's a possiblity but who knows?

Just thinking out loud.

please be clear... NO ONE complained here..

This was 100% me. I was looking for some info, and I noticed we have a huge amount of contest threads and roll calls. I had to wade thru all the contest stuff just to find some general info.

Contest stuff comprises probably 70-80% of the forum.. More so recently, probably because the seasons spinning up.

What I was thinking was just to offload the event announcements to a separate place, keeping the informational and educational stuff in the existing forum.

but..im listening. keep going... seems like a dead even split.. 30 for a split, 31 to stay as of this post.

I agree that people looking for help will get more in a general forum, if split many of us will probably check an advice forum less often.

How do you guys read the forum?
I just look at new posts 4 or 5 times a day

I agree that people looking for help will get more in a general forum, if split many of us will probably check an advice forum less often.

rockaway... please 'splain.. :confused:

u think if events and general info is split, people will only hang out in the events forum?

If it ain't broke...

Don't want an extra "click" to get to where I want to go. Generally speaking, it doesn't seem all that useful to me to have "sub forums".

right.. it aint broke,

but it also aint perfect.

:mrgreen: my dad taught me that..

rockaway... please 'splain.. :confused:

u think if events and general info is split, people will only hang out in the events forum?

I think people like myself who don't always have as much as time as they would like to read the board will skip over the general info section. I am always checking the comp section for contest news, even if my current job may only allow me to hit one or two if any.

Im still lost.. so are you saying its a good thing,or bad thing.?? its easier to find just the contests, but people then may not benefit from a general info thread you may have opened if u saw it. ??

Im still lost.. so are you saying its a good thing,or bad thing.?? its easier to find just the contests, but people then may not benefit from a general info thread you may have opened if u saw it. ??

Yes
err
No
uh
Maybe

Fark it ! The person above is a moron in my pants because.......They can't spell snot

Back